Thread: My introduction

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My introduction

Quote Originally Posted by Trilabby View Post
    I haven’t seen much said about cyclophosphamide from the group. I would love to see what people that has taken it reactions are for it.
    Thanks again
    Ellen
    Cyclophosphamide is still used as induction therapy. As such, it’s generally effective and relatively inexpensive. However, long term use can adversely affect the bone marrow, and bladder cancer is a somewhat frequent side effect (usually presenting several years following use. (I’ve been off it for five years and no issues so far. I watch for blood in my urinalysis very closely.) I was on it for 16 months (about 10 months too long according to my wegs doc) and it worked very well for me.

I briefly tried immuran (azathioprine), and that was a disaster. My next drug was methotrexate which worked pretty well until the side effect of fatigue for a day or two after my weekly doses became too bothersome. I added rtx in 2013 and came off mtx about a year later. I had a very mild flare in 2013, so I was on both for awhile. I’ve been on an annual course of rtx since 2013.
    Last edited by Pete; 11-18-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123