Hi all,

I'm currently on 60mg/day of prednisone and I want to eat everything I can get my hands on all day and night long.

I've read that prednisone increases water retention and inhibits absorption of calcium so it's recommended to drink plenty of water and eat a diet that's:

• Low in saturated fat
  • Low in sodium
  • Low in simple sugars
  • High in potassium
  • High in calcium
  • High in protein (fish/chicken)
  • Avoid all licorice and grapefruit

I really love beets and (especially the greens) are very high in potassium, fiber, and also have the side-effect of lowering blood pressure. They're a pain to prepare though, and pickled beets have added sugar and salt. I could eat them every day, though.

I'm thinking about just picking up a few pounds of celery, chopping them up, and snacking on them like popcorn but I can picture that getting old really quickly. I just want stuff I can eat all day without feeling like I'm killing myself. I can't really get much exercise with the condition I'm in at the moment so I really need to get my diet under control before I give myself diabetes.

Should I go so far as to monitor my blood sugar levels and blood pressure? So much about GPA feels like it's out of my control that I feel like I really need to take my diet seriously, especially with how awful prednisone can be to the body.

Any helpful information, tips, or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks