Hi everyone,

Really wishing everybody well.

I'm on methotrexate (injectable) and have been off prednisone for a while - I feel very lucky. My last flare up was last Fall. I was on prednisone after that but then weaned off it and switched to injectable methotrexate. At my last rheumatologist appointment, he said the medication seemed to be working and I was doing well. All was good.

The past couple of weeks, I've been very stressed at work. I may have pushed myself too hard. Even my friends at work have noticed and encouraged me to take some time off to rest. My last flare gave me new symptoms of inflammation in my eyes (I had to wear sunglasses all the time, and it made me very sick and had headaches). Lately, my eyes have been bothering me again. I feel really unwell and my muscles hurt. My original symptoms was bad breathing from a granuloma in my airway, but my thoracic surgeon stretched my airway a couple of times and although my breathing is never 100%, I don't think it'll be a problem for flare-ups.

Anyway, my question is - is it possible to flare if the medication seemed to be working? I know there's a thread already regarding how to know if you're flaring, but I couldn't seem to find that question in there. Also, is there a way to reverse the flare by resting or should I be giving my doctor a heads-up that I'm experiencing symptoms (they're milder than they were before but I don't know if they will get worse).

Thank you!
Sarah