Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Probiotics ? No Thanks..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Probiotics ? No Thanks..

The books have already been written. All we have to do is read them.
    To save you some time here is a good place to start that is easy to read. They will email you some really good basic information if you wish. They mention the sour dough breads which might be of interest to you.
    Sally Fallon who is involved with the weston price.org has written a great book called Nourishing Traditions
    Good luck.

https://www.westonaprice.org/

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky, my food situation is nearly the same as Alysia's, and I am also very low in vitamin C, because I cannot tolerate fruit and especially cannot tolerate anything citrus or with added citrus.

I totally agree with you about Helga's bread, which is the only bread that I can eat, without it causing me any joint pains.
    Vegemite is my favourite spread of all time but I avoid it for 2 days a week, when I take my methotrexate.
    Anything that contains folate, which vegemite does (all of the vitamin B's) should be avoided either side of taking methotrexate. It has worked for me, but then I need my vegemite again.

Foods that cause excessive inflammation in my body (and blood results) are peas, tomatoes, pasta, rice, processed meats, potatoes, citrus, berries and avocado.
    The reason why the other breads hurt me so much, is that they usually contain citric acid, whereas Helga's does not.

Your vegatable garden sounds wonderful.

Alysia, I also cannot tolerate probiotics, but have recently found organic Apple Cider Vinegar tablets, which I am going to try because they say they are good for gut health, but as an added bonus, they can help to reduce stomach fat - win, win, I reckon
    As you know, I don't start anything new until I have a blood test as a base line.
    I then start the new supplement or food item, and if it causes pain, I stop it, and if it doesn't cause pain I continue until I see what my next bloods results are like.
    Starting it this way, if there is anything wrong with my blood tests, I know exactly what has caused the change - well, it's worked that way so far.

The best results I have ever had, are when I stopped potato...….sad but true. My favourite all time food, and it turned against me.

Anyway, if anyone else has tried the organic apple cider vinegar tablets, can you please let me know if you have had any results, good or bad.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

4. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mishb,
    I agree with your methodology however at the time I started this system I felt I wasn't going to live long enough to see it through. My answer was to apply the Autoimmune Protocol and eliminate all foods that were known to cause inflammation. This gave me immediate results. Then over time I was able to reintroduce my preferred foods. My experience is that once you get your system back in balance you will be able to tolerate small amounts of foods that were giving you grief.
    In my case sugar is a good example. I can now tolerate a small amount occasionally that would have had me ill for days.
    Never give up,

Lucky

6. Likes mishb, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope all is going well for you Lucky.

I think we have all been in the 'I won't be here long enough' situation, yet we are still fighting on and hopefully for a very long time.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

8. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123