Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with breathing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Problems with breathing

Somebody have problems with breathing?Im thinking the worst and im so scared.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Problems with breathing

Hi there,

Have you already been diagnosed? My original symptoms were chest pain and wheezing. I had a granuloma in my airway. Apparently it was in a strange spot, too - right below where the airway splits off into the bronchus tubes, which is why they can only stretch the airway, not cut it out. Some Weggies have had granulomas in their lungs, I think, too.

I'll never forget when I first began experiencing symptoms! I have 2 doctors in the family (well, now 4 because they're engaged/married) and my doctor sisters saw me climb a flight of stairs and double over, wheezing (please note that I was a fit 24-year old, now 27). I laughed and told them I'm out of shape. They said that's not being out of shape and to go to the hospital. My mum was suggesting anything to the doctors, she was so scared. She suggested maybe I breathed in a bit of gluten free bread, that maybe I swallowed something as a kid and it migrated, or that I was allergic to my new down comforter! It took a while to diagnose me. I got lucky that I was referred to my current thoracic surgeon; maybe it's because he went to Harvard , but he took one look at my airway with a camera and said it was Wegener's. Blood tests confirmed it.
    Last edited by Skempins; 10-22-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi isi92,

If this is really scaring you then go to the emergency room. Do you have a pulmonologist? Let him/her know what's going on right away.

Don't be afraid. For all you know this can be cleared up with just a steroid inhaler, but you should really reach out to a doctor. Stressing yourself out will just make it worse.

Please let us know what happens.

4. Likes Pete, Alysia, Dirty Don, PattyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!Sometimes it looks me like is just my anxiety that couse these.Today im really bad,my stomach is not fine.i have my mouth like i have eat lemon.maybe is the stomach couse me these feeling of breathing bad.im so stressed.i have not sleep all the night.sorry about my english.hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of negatives to having Wegs (GPA now) but having trouble breathing and having to fight for every breath was the worst part i can remember. That's when intubation is a great relief. Hope you won't need that.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

7. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know what to think.im so desperate .i breath fine,sleep well,don’t snore.i notice problem when i want to breath deeply and i want to do this all the time.im so stressful about these condition.im thinking the worst!!thank you for responding me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isi92 View Post
    I don’t know what to think.im so desperate .i breath fine,sleep well,don’t snore.i notice problem when i want to breath deeply and i want to do this all the time.im so stressful about these condition.im thinking the worst!!thank you for responding me
    Sounds like you should be in contact with your doctor immediately! Not breathing is NOT a good thing. You are your best and only main advocate so if you need it, go get help from a doctor!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

10. Likes seied, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to our forum.
    With GPA it is not a good thing to " wait and see". Time is important for you. Call your Dr. and see them. Or go to ER if breathing gets worse. I have tried to be a hero a few years ago and waited, the EMTs picked me up when I could not get up!

12. Likes Alysia, Dirty Don, Lilly, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its also important to keep in mind that there is always a possibility that there could be a Pulmonary Embolism causing problems breathing. I had a DVT and was being treated outpatient with Xaralto by my Primary Care Physician. 2 weeks later, I was at work, and I felt just a little like I couldn't get a deep enough breath, and for some reason I called my Cardiologist...and they told me to go immediately to the ER. Within and hour, they found a blood clot in my lung! I was floored, and terrified. So, I guess, always better to be safe than sorry!!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

14. Likes seied, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pease get to the Dr. I just spent a week hospitalized not being able to breathe. Flare. not expected while on Imuran and predisone. don't wait.

16. Likes Lilly, Pete liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast