Likes Likes:  20

Thread: New Introduction

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Introduction

Hi this is really new for me, and I don't know exactly what to say, but my name is Hope Fitzgerald, and I severely suffer from Wegners for the last 3 and a half years with one remission and then relapse again. I joined because I know what it's like to have support, but not the kind of support where people in your life who love you can understand at all what goes on in a day to day basis or how this has drastically changed my life. I really hope to be able to hear lots of stories and provide support and build connections with others and thank you for listening and allowing me to join this community.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Introduction

Welcome to the forum! We are a pretty close group and all of us have made friends around the world. Please feel free to ask any questions you like and tell us of your experiences with this horrid disease.

3. Likes renidrag, annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Hope! You have come to the right place. I will respond further when I have more time. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

5. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum Hope. We understand, at least most of the time. Please feel free to share and ask.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

7. Likes annekat, Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the forum Hope.
    I have got more answers to my questions about wg here and answers to questions I didnt think of yet here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Hope!

Living through a chronic illness is one of those unique experiences that can seemingly only be understood by others with similar life challenges. The diagnosis is like a shorthand for our emotions and experiences. It also helps to hear, "Me too", "I've been there", and especially, "It gets better". For me, it confirmed on occasion that I wasn't crazy even when my doctors at the time were making me feel as though I was. When sharing with "outsiders" (if you will), the shock and awe can be tiring and sometimes I just want to authentically hear, "I know, I get it".

Although our stories within this community can be quite diverse and unique, the shared traumas and survivals bring all of us together to seek answers and understanding. A broader perspective seems to lead to acceptance of many things. This forum has offered much of that for me.

Your suffering and challenges must be painful and tiring. I think you will find some solace and acceptance here.

10. Likes annekat, drz, Alysia, seied liked this post