Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hair Loss.....

Hello everyone,

I have done some looking around about hair loss on the site and nothing seems to be what I am experiencing. A short ok, semi short updateon the last year….

In January, my numbers went mad and I was not fairing very well, my doctor had switched my maintenance drug from Imuran to MXT. I feltthat the MXT was the issue but lost the fight so the doctor put me on 60 mg of prednisone to calm everything down. After months on the high dose things were not gettingany better so the decision was made to have RXT infusions. After a month of my refusing and fighting to have the MXT taken away to see if that what was making my numbers go mad, I agreed to the RXT treatment, as I was not doing well at all and honestly could not handle much more. At the time of the infusion in April,I was still on 60 mg of prednisone, and the clinic nor the doctor took this into consideration when they gave me prednisone at the time of the infusion. Needless to say I totally ballooned…my cheeks were so big my skin was shiny and my left leg looked like a stump from the water retention. I had to change positions at work for a position that worked from home, as I could no longer get into the office every day; additionally I was not looking so great between the swelling and some crazy rash that took forever to go away.

Since the RXT treatment, I have been able to change back to Imuran as the MXT caused many complications that my doctor finally listen to meabout. (Thankful for prednisone crazy outbursts). Overall, I am starting to feel better and feel like the worse if over for right now. Then about a month ago,I started to notice that when I brushed my hair I had a lot of hair in the brush. A LOT! As you can see by my name, I have cute hair….well cute thin hair at this point and have to admit freaking out a lot here. I have always said that since being diagnosed with this condition I have been “lucky” to not look sick… I have a mobility limitations and a noticeable dip in my nose but overall managed and worked hard to not looksick. This year has changed everything, in March I had a face rash so bad I could not leave the house it was horrible. I can handle the extra weight… not happy about it, but can deal with it. I can deal with the bump in my nose, swelling legs, leg ulcers, and even the rash….. but hair loss I draw the line! Through all the yucky days of treatment the joke has always been “but I have cute hair”now the joke is my bathroom floor has cute hair!.

Ok, sorry for the rampage this is throwing me for a loop….. any suggestions on minimizing hair loss and a good recommendation for a place to purchase a wig. I took Folic Acid throughout the time on MXT the hair loss started months after switching off this med. Which sadly is not far off
    Last edited by cutehair2013; 10-13-2017 at 04:31 AM.