Thread: Just found out yesterday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Just found out yesterday

Hi Michelle,

It feels good to have people to relate to. I'm sorry you had to wait so long to begin treatment, I can't imagine what it was like to go through that. It's really hard to not feel like I'm in danger though, the flare ups are so scary and the pain is so intense.

2. Likes drz, Pete, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Public hospital system in Australia has long waiting periods unfortunately, as I guess it does elsewhere.
    I was just happy to know the answer to my symptoms and also to know that if things got worse, I could head to the ER and get in that way.

Fortunately I was taking anti inflammatories for a diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis, so the pain issue was lessened somewhat, but the WG symptoms (nose, eyes, ears, throat) were still there.

The main reason for my story to you, was so that you could try and breathe a little easier, knowing that others have gone through it, and come out the other end relatively unscathed, and that remission is possible, once the correct treatment is started.

Still wishing you the best of luck and hope that you can start treatment a but quicker than me
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

4. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Howard... Sorry I missed this thread when you started it, but I did reply on another thread of yours. Everyone's advice above seems very helpful. We have all been through the anxiety you are feeling, and it is true that people don't understand, but day by day you will come to terms with it and be able to move ahead with more confidence. So good to hear you like your doctors, and I hope they will begin full treatment as soon as possible, which will make a big difference. All best wishes to you, and you know that we are always here.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

6. Likes mishb, Alysia liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12