Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Introduction

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Newbie Introduction

I also have the same hand rules, "wash them,then wash them again." I keep hand- sani in the auto, if I see water and soap , I use it. If I have to shake hands with someone I must clean them again, QUICKLY.

.When I am out my daughter she will say, " dad don't touch your face". I live here with a 6 and an 8 year old that will always have the sniffles. I do not get them.

2. Likes Keith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My youngest is 9 so it is likely I'll catch something at some point. I don't have an understanding of how this may contribute to or trigger a flare up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 2011 I had to have my spleen removed, so my body tries to catch everything that comes by and I can't shake it. Also remember to get all flu and pheumonia shots as soon as available.

5. Likes Keith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rarity number that I have seen most often and the one I tend to accept is 1 in 30,000. If you ask your rheumy how many wegs patients he has and then consider the population of your metro area, it seems to kind of work out. Once you are dx'ed with wegs, you tend to hear more about it and you'll be surprised with how many have the disease. I also believe more people are being diagnosed than ever before -- probably because of awareness by the doctors.

I used to hear numbers of 1 in 10 million for my granulosous hypophysitis, but I don't think it is that rare. I would say maybe 1 in 7 or 8 million. The 1 in 10 million came from a 2000 study ( http://www.ajnr.org/content/21/8/1466.full ), but I think the incidence has increased due to better diagnosis.

7. Likes Keith liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12