After being on MTX and leucovorin for several years, I am aiming for drug free remission. After having been on a holiday from MTX for about a month, I can say that I have not felt this good in quite a long time. I have "limited" GPA, and still have symptoms in my ears and nose, but those symptoms are due to the damage done by my initial, acute phase of illness. I never had lung or kidney involvement, so I have been pretty lightly touched by this crazy illness compared to many others on this forum. Nothing in my labs suggests any ongoing, active illness. I certainly know I am facing a risk of recurrence, but also that the risk is pretty much unquantifiable. I am just so tired of my self administered injections, the labs, the constant vigilance and worry. Now the fact that I feel noticeably better without the meds might be at least partly psychological, but in any case I do feel better.

I would be interested in hearing from others who are in or are attempting drug free remission... success? failure? issues?

Thanks.