Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vegas shooting-Help with a little fundraising effort

Hey gang, sorry to bug you all with this, but I'm off social media and am using all of my other options to get this going.

One of the Canadian victims of the shooting is from my town. Jasper is shattered right now. Calla's dad is in Vegas picking up the body.

It sucks.

I started a Gofundme campaign to raise money for the Canadian victims of the shooting. There are four deaths so far of Canadians.
    I wanted to do the fundraiser for all of them so that it makes it's way around the country a little more efficiently. I've sent a news tip to all the major broadcasters, and in some newspapers. I hope that you can use your social media connections to pass this along.

The family from our town is about to bury their second kid, Calla's brother died a few years back in a tragic car accident. It really sucks, because they're such a lovely, kind, gentle family. I can't even imagine. Calla and her folks supported all of my efforts to raise awareness for autoimmune disease so this is the least I can do.

Thanks for understanding, and sharing.
    Love to you all.

https://www.gofundme.com/canadian-vi...vegas-shooting

2. Likes drz, Alysia, LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on you, Marta, and I will share the funding campaign. I feel terrible for your town and that one family's huge loss, as well as for all other Canadians and Americans and any others who lost their lives there. The senselessness never seems to stop.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

4. Likes marta, drz, Alysia, LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's such a horrible thing. Shattering. Even moreso when you know a beautiful girl who lost her life because she went to have fun and see a concert.

You know me. I can't sit still if I can do something, no matter how silly it seems at the time, I'll do it. That's why I put it together.

Thank you so much for sharing. Massive gratitude.

Hugs.

6. Likes drz, Alysia, LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shared on my facebook page and also on a page that Gwen created and allowed me to publish in it. Here : https://www.facebook.com/Unofficial-...6263130332563/
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

8. Likes LisaT liked this post