Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Driving while taking Prednisone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Driving while taking Prednisone

I've been on Prednisone for 10 days now and I can't stop shaking, can't sit still, not sleeping properly and just don't feel good.
    So my question is did any of you still drive while taking prednisone?

Just now sure if I should be driving or not. I've tried calling my Rheumy and she's not calling back.

2. Likes LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My suggestion is use your own judgement. If you feel tired and stressed and shaky, it's probably not a good idea to drive.

My motorcycle has been parked the better part of two years because I was not 100% sure that I was safe on it.

It is better to be safe than sorry, right? Remember, a police officer could give you an OWI (operating while intoxicated) on ANY drug, including prednisone.

If you don't feel like you would be safe driving, don't.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

4. Likes John S, Alysia, Arleta, LisaT, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather be safe then sorry if something was to happen. Thank you Mike

6. Likes LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with @Mike-G. As your dosage comes down, you should feel better.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

8. Likes John S, LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sue,
    How much pred are you on ? Do you take it all first thing in the morning (to be able to sleep at night) ?
    Did the dr give you more meds or only pred ?
    Hang in there and dont drive if you are not feeling well, regardless of the pred.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

10. Likes LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never felt that way from prednisone and usually drive while on it. But it sounds safer if you don't drive for the time being. I haven't felt well after my rituximab infusion and have avoided driving when I'm not up to it, unless I absolutely have to. Does your rheumatologist have an on-call number you can try? It would be nice if you could reach someone. Hopefully, you can ask a friend or family member for help if you need to get somewhere or need something picked up. I also have groceries delivered whenever I don't feel well or am rationing energy/spoons (have you read The Spoon Theory yet?) Often even on relatively good days, I know that shopping and carrying groceries will take too big a chunk of my limited energy and there are so many other things to do, so it is worth the delivery fee for me to have someone else do the shopping. This might be a good time for you to think about ways to create shortcuts like grocery delivery, pharmacy delivery, and similar. Even prepared meals depending on your budget and energy level. Whatever works to get you through this time!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

12. Likes drz, Alysia, elephant liked this post