Likes Likes:  37

Thread: Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jack

Friday 23rd September 2011 we lost a very special friend of this group, who even in his darkest days was always there to help any of us day or night. To all of our other friends that have passed, we don't forget any of your advice and wisdom on the sometimes bumpy road this disease makes us travel. To everyone else I wish health and strength.
    DEE x

2. Likes gilders, Rose, Pete, andrew, John S, Alysia, mishb, LisaT, drz, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEE View Post
    Friday 23rd September 2011 we lost a very special friend of this group, who even in his darkest days was always there to help any of us day or night. To all of our other friends that have passed, we don't forget any of your advice and wisdom on the sometimes bumpy road this disease makes us travel. To everyone else I wish health and strength.
    DEE x
    I still think about Jack often. I have a couple of songs on my playlist on Spotify that are my 'Jack Songs' - Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen, and DARE by the Gorillaz. Every time either of those songs comes on (and I usually listen to my list on shuffle) I look up and say hi to my old friend Jack. If I'm riding my bike, I feel like he's with me, if I'm skiing, I feel like he's flying above. I have a little chat, sometimes a little cry (the good variety) and I know that Jack is a man I never met in real life, but he saved mine. He was the first person to send me a private note on here and I suddenly felt loved, supported and safe because of his first contact. He's truly a special soul, and I feel blessed to have gotten to be in his circle of positive energy.

4. Likes Alysia, mishb, LisaT, drz, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sure miss him, he was a wis man and there for everyone. Thanks Dee !

6. Likes Alysia, LisaT, drz, DEE, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for this thread, DEE. I was not yet here when Jack passed but while reading old threads it feels like he is very alive here. He was wg trooper, lots of experience, lots of wisdom and as far as I read him, good sense of humor. (I can't forget his comnent on one of the threads discussing an option of making a trip together, "bring your own pred").
    Thank you also for remembering our other warriors who have passed. Few monthes before he passed, my beautiful Phil said that he felt the same as Jack felt in his last months. It was scary to hear but was turn out to be true.

In memory of Jack, Phil and all the others, Hallelluja.

https://youtu.be/YrLk4vdY28Q
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

8. Likes marta, mishb, LisaT, DEE, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack was also the first to send me a private message, and then drz

I have many versions of Hallelujah on my playlist, even before WG, but will always think of Jack.

I hope you are partying hard Jack, with all of our friends gone before us
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

10. Likes Pete, LisaT, drz, DEE, Jaha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to agree that Jack was a great guy! He and I had many private messages about MG's. I think everyone who knew him, misses him.

12. Likes drz, mishb, LisaT, DEE, Jaha, Alysia liked this post