Hey beautiful Alysia,

I hope my rambling posts help someone.

I did everything as I was doing before during the RTX infusions. I started weaning a couple of weeks, maybe a little less (like a week and a half) before getting the first RTX, but I continue with everything as if there was no 100mg of pred during the infusion. You can see I blipped in my dosage on those two times, but otherwise I just continue on. I believe the RTX bump on infusion days is to minimize the risk of your body having an allergic reaction to the medicine. Between the 100mg of pred, the benadryl and the tylenol, I think that's all meant to help our bodies accept the magic elixir.

My pred rage shoes are the ones I had on that zazzle.com site where I had all the Weggie shirts, mugs, aprons, buttons and shoes that I designed for Weggies. I've taken it down since. It was way too much trouble a) dealing with their horrible customer service, and b) doing an American portion of income tax for the very very little money I got from it. It sold a lot, but I made it so that I got only a dollar or two from each sale (so most of it went to that company) and it became more problems than it's worth. I ended up being the only one who bought the pred rage high top runners.... yes, they are the only ones on planet earth. Ha ha. But my doc loves them.

I hope you don't get a massive headache, but like I was saying to Deb, you can do it so slow that you actually get to feel what the wean headache is like so that you don't worry needlessly. I think if you do it at the pace I mentioned above to Debbie, you can trick it into not hurting as much. At least I hope it works that way for you. I totally go according to my own comfort level, but it does go through a painful period in there. I think slower is much better than faster because that way you don't risk triggering a flare. So if you do want to do it, just take your time. I found this second time of a big wean, I went faster, but more controlled than the first (and I knew what to expect, so that made it easier too) and it didn't seem to hurt me as much as the first time. I think the familiarity and knowing which pain is what made it a much easier process.

Best best best of luck.