Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks, Marta!! This looks like a good way to get off pred. I'be been at 5 mg for most of three years and want to try to get off again.
    I hope it works for you Pete.

The first go around it took me several years to get off the pred completely. This time around it was less than a year using this technique. Like I said though, there is a level of grossness there, but it really does have a distinct 'predness' to it. It's hard to describe, but I always know it's pred wean symptoms when there is a deep, dull pressure in my ears, throat and Eustachian tubes. Everything else aches, but the ear pressure thing always gives me some comfort that it's the wean and not the WG dog coming back.

I don't know if that makes any sense. Regardless, I hope it works. And if you've already resigned to being on pred indefinitely, taking your time is no big whoop. So take your time.

Go slow and trick it into submission, ha ha.

I was keeping track on this go around and I'll attach the graphs from my wean (I know, I'm a total geek.)
    IMG_7555.jpg IMG_7556.jpg

The graph size changes based on relativity, so the second (2017) looks like I'm taking more when in fact it starts at 2mg and goes to 0mg and the first (2016) starts at 20mg up to 50mg (with a couple of 100mg during RTX) and works down to 2mg. Super geek.
    Last edited by marta; 09-23-2017 at 03:50 AM.

2. Likes Jaha, Alysia, LisaT liked this post