Thread: Hurricanes..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Hurricanes..

From my little corner on the globe those hurricanes look too scary
    I checked on our weggies map and saw that we have friends on those areas... I guess also that not all our friends are registered on the map (I am not) so maybe we have more out there...
    Just thinking how tough it can be for anyone and especially for a weggie who needs his meds, his nebulizer, maybe oxygen, maybe on dialysis etc.
    How are you holding out there, friends ?
    Sending many prayers ❤
    Last edited by Alysia; 09-09-2017 at 03:36 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

2. Likes LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope any weggies in Florida, eastern Georgia, South Carolina, and eastern North Carolina are already evacuated to safety or making plans to do so tomorrow. Current winds are in the range of 300 km/hr (180 mph) -- and there is another hurricane following Irma that's also looking pretty bad.

Here in Ohio, if Irma takes a track to the NW after landfall, we could see some heavy rain (5-10 cm) and perhaps gale force winds (up to about 80 km/hr - 50 mph).

This is the peak of the Atlantic hurricane season. Stay aware. Stay safe!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

4. Likes Alysia, LisaT, elephant liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in South Carolina, we are going to see what happens with the hurricane Sunday morning. Right now the hurricane is not heading toward South Carolina.

6. Likes Alysia, LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there were three pediatric WG families that I knew evacuated due to the storms and all of their houses are okay.

8. Likes Pete, Alysia liked this post