User Tag List

Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travelling is Possible! (MikeG's Swiss Adventure)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are some awesome pictures Mike. I am happy that you and your wife were able to take such a wonderful trip. It looked like the relatives were happy to see you guys. That is really great to have a chance to go back when you want another get away. Please take care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you managed to get away Mike.
    Travelling and looking forward to my next trip has been the thing that has kept my sanity, especially since having to give up work.
    I have been on holiday/vacation at least once a year, except for the year I was diagnosed (unless you call 7 months in hospital a vacation). The only other year that I've not being able to go on holiday is this year. To travel out of the UK you need to purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses. It has always been extremely expensive as I have to declare my conditions (Wegener's, renal failure, haemochromatosis, osteoporosis,hypertension, high cholesterol, lung damage, sleep apnea, severe bleeding disorder, to name a few), but now that I have refused dialysis and I'm awaiting kidney transplant, no one will insure me.
    It was our 10th wedding anniversary in May and we had been planning on travelling to Vegas, then renewing our vows at the Grand Canyon, visiting New York and finally going back to Clearwater Florida where we had our sunset wedding.
    Hopefully a year after my transplant I will be fit enough and be able to afford this dream vacation. I'd also like to meet up with forum members who are in locations close to where we plan to visit.
    Diagnosed April 1995

4. Likes Jaha, Alysia, Geoff, elephant liked this post
    Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Travelling is Possible! (MikeG's Swiss Adventure)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post

Anyway, just wanted to put out there that you do not have to let this disease win over your life! Get out there and do what you can!!
    Sounds like a great trip Mike! I agree with you, don't let the disease stop you from doing what you want. As for me, from Texas to Chicago, to Florida, and then to Istanbul, Turkey and to Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia, it was a busy traveling year. Work and Hurricane Harvey prevented me from visiting Germany and my friend Jetmir (from this forum) in Macedonia...but it is on the list for 2018 if possible. Cheers to you in 2018!!

6. Likes mishb liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12