Likes Likes:  29

Thread: My Granulomaversary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Granulomaversary

Hard to believe but it has been eight years since my diagnosis in 09. I am thankful to be here and all the friends I have met on this journey. I don't say a lot here simply because I have been in remission since 2010. I do have special gifts WG left for me, like neuropathy, SOB, etcetera however my trip has been nothing compared to others. August 14, 2009, Dr. Ashburn finished my bronchoscopy and sought out my wife, sat with her and told her what was going on and gave her five prescriptions, to get them in to me that night. Prednisone, Cytoxin, Omaprezole and two others. She took me home and of course I went to bed, she woke me up when she had the meds. The next day started out like magic, no pain, still short of breath however so much better. I washed and waxed my truck for the first time in a long time. That afternoon I got called to Plymouth, my Mother was in the hospital. Mother passed before I got there but I was able to see her and say good bye and to be with my sisters. Calling my brother in Tennessee was not easy. I think it was a Thursday, August 19, 2009, we all huddled together at Mass General Hospital as my sister had her entire Aorta replaced from the Aortic Arch to her hip. Needless to say it was quite a week, one I never want to go through again. Hope this finds you well, better or in remission also. Thank you Andrew for all you do, these are good people here.
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to hear your story, Dale. I'm glad you had such a quick path to remission, while realizing you are still living with some of the repercussions. Happy Granulomaversary!!! That's a great word!!!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

3. Likes renidrag, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Granulomaversary!
    Nicole

5. Likes renidrag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing your story! Glad the medicines are working for you!

7. Likes Jaha, renidrag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like you had a good doctor. You sure had way to much happening at that time in your life. Happy Granulomaversary dear friend! I'm so glad you are doing pretty well. Please take care of yourself!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

9. Likes renidrag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jana was right, that was an awful lot of traumatic and tragic stuff happening at the same time as your dx. I overlooked mentioning it. What a rough few days that was, except for suddenly feeling well enough to wash and wax your truck! In my case, with the same meds, I did not feel that much better that fast, though the pred sure did make me enjoy eating again! And my disease escalation did not pick a good time for me either; at the time of my dx, I had just lost my dad, who had been in hospice for a week or two, and I had been too sick to go and see him before he passed. But back to you, your response to treatment was indeed impressive, and I hope there will be many more happy granulomaversaries to come!!!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

11. Likes Jaha, renidrag, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy granulomaversary, ad Happy survivorversary Dale

Good to hear your story
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

13. Likes renidrag, Alysia, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep swinging...it's all that matters!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

15. Likes annekat, renidrag, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy weggieversary 🎂 I am a bit wg-older then you, mine is on Sep 2008. Few months before.

such a rough week, all at once, I am sorry for your loss.

That's so wonderful that you are in remission since 2010, giving hope to all of us 😊
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

17. Likes annekat, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on getting into remission Dale. And, sorry for you to have an anniversary! (-8

Hope you continue to live long and prosper!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

19. Likes annekat, Jaha liked this post