Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urinalysis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Urinalysis

Just wondering if anyone has had experience w/ having abnormal results w/ protein, bacteria, Leuk Esterase and high WBC and RBC in the urine. I guess I am hoping it may be some kind of infection rather than wgs affecting the kidneys. My BUN and creatinine in the blood is in normal range. Since I am still at the point of blood work/urinalysis on a weekly basis my docs caught it early and have ordered additional tests, but just thought I would see if anyone out there has experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know I was an alysis!

Jokes aside, I don't think I have had that before Susanne. Sometimes I get clasts in the urine but not White or Red Cells. Maybe a litle protein. What is Leuk Esterase?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is weekly blood and urine analysis standard on a new diagnosis, and for how long? I'm new to all this -- just diagnosed today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I have heard every week is normal in the beginning and once in remission usually every month will do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Urinalysis that shows protien, wbc and rbc means that you could have an infection, but they would have to culture that and that takes 48 hrs. Don't get alarmed yet. If your creatinine is with-in normal limits than you should be good. With a bladder infection you usually have burning when peeing. Sometimes lower abdominal pain and back pain. Were hoping not a WG flare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input.
    Jan, I have been doing weekly blood/urine tests since dx and treatment begin 9/2009...sometimes I am like jeeeez how many times do I have to go get stuck at the lab? but I guess it is for stuff like this...they need to catch stuff early. I am currently on metho. and pred. and bacterim and folic acid and lots of vitamins--never taken so many pills in my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Phil--I know I shouldn't do this but.....I cannot find the other thread when you asked how I was doing--besides this small little glitch (the urine issues) quite well. I am consulting on hearing aids next week and am very anxious to see and feel how they work out. I am completely over the hearing amphlifier I have been using for 6+months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats great news Susanne. Is your hearing stabilized? What I mean is from day to day or even month to month does your hearing change?

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, it took 1 ½ year and suddenly one day the blockage in my ear just disappeared!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snooz-- weekly blood and urine for months seems pretty excessive. Why on earth are they doing it that often? If you're on ctx, it's usually done every 2 weeks.

You really should question your doctor about this. You need to protect your veins. Not only do all those needle sticks cause scar tissue, but pred makes them fragile. I never had vein issues before I got Wegs-- before they did huge numbers of needle sticks. Now it's a major problem just to do blood work. An IV might take several hours of digging to find a vein, and they often blow right away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast