Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Cellcept

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cellcept

Has anyone taken this drug to achieve remission? I have relapsed 3 times on methotrexate so my rheumatologist is trying this instead. I will still do Rituxan every 6 mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on cellcept for three years, after all the others failed to keep Wegeners at bay. I choose to go off of it because of some issues I had with using it and Rtx. I think my body just needed a break from all the meds. There are a lot of people that have had great success with cellcept. I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

3. Likes Pete, Alysia, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been on generic Cellcept since January 2009. I take 750 mgs x 2 daily. I have had a few flares over the years and they were treated with a temporary increase in Prednisone whilst remaining on my usual dose of Cellcept. . Cellcept has worked well for me though it is very expensive. I cannot take imuran or methotrexate and have never had Rituxan. Good luck

Rose

5. Likes Jaha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relapsed on methotrexate myself. my rhumy changed to Imuran. still going with it with success so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

7. Likes Jaha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been on cellcept since 2009, recently had a big flare and started prednisone and rituxan. Waiting on my second rituxan treatment.

9. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cellcept

I was diagnosed in 1997 with WG. I was first placed on methotrexate. After several years that stopped working. Went on immuran. Was on that for several years before it stopped working. Went on cellcept & that never worked. Now I’m on rituxin for the past year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meganjean26 View Post
    Has anyone taken this drug to achieve remission? I have relapsed 3 times on methotrexate so my rheumatologist is trying this instead. I will still do Rituxan every 6 mo.

My Immunologist put me on this reasonably early on in my WG journey after I was done with the Methotrxate and Cyclo infusions. Took it with no issues until he announced that I was in remission. Yay! Interesting anecdote: Once of my dogs also had autoimmune issues and was prescribed the same medication from the vet at three times the price. She just took half of one of my tablets (her prescribed dose) every time I had my dose

Some people have reacted to it (nausea, vomiting) but it seems to be uncommon from where I sit.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

12. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mum's dog takes pred daily.

It costs my mum, $100 for 10 tablets from the vet, so I give her some of mine.
    It's a crazy all purpose med.

Sorry to hijack your thread Megan. I have never been on cellcept, but I hope it works some miracles for you.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

14. Likes Alysia, andrew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I was on it for 18 months after first diagnosis. It failed and I flared big time in 2013. So for me, it did not work. I'm on Azathioprine now in conjunction with Rituxan. those two seem to be working just fine.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"