Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Follow up of my stomach issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Follow up of my stomach issues

I finally got my gastroenterologist to do a colonoscopy on me, a week ago Thursday. They could not get me sedated enough because of my BP dropping to low. I was awake the whole time during the endo and colonoscopy, it was awful. It appears that I have a kinked and looped bowel and he had a hard time getting it up thru to the end. He wanted to quit but I said that he had to keep going because I needed it done. He took 3polyps from the stomach and 2 from my colon, I still have multiple polyps left.
    I rec'd the path report today and am a little in shock. It reads that I have a neuroendocrine tumor and need further investigation. I don't really want to tell my husband this right now or anytime really. That's why I came here to vent. I know there is no right time to tell him, I just don't want to do it over the holidays, when we are going to go out on our boat and have fun.
    I just needed to tell someone, thanks for being here.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear all this, Jana. My situation was not really comparable, but last year I had an endoscopy and partial colonoscopy... he had to stop because I kept coughing when he got to a certain spot and was afraid he would puncture something. The endoscopy showed esophageal ulcers. A few weeks later he had me do the Cologuard method, where they look at a large stool sample and analyze the DNA in there to detect possibly cancerous conditions. All was tested out to be OK, but I'll probably need a real colonoscopy in the future. Just wanted to make people aware of this non-invasive method; of course, if it had showed something, more investigation would have been needed. I hope to heaven your tumor is benign, and that they will be able to anesthetize you better in the future. I'm glad you vented here and hope you have a good 4th with your husband!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

3. Likes Jaha, Dirty Don, Alysia, renidrag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the "good news" is you now have an explanation for your issues. I hope it's easily treatable without too much discomfort. Enjoy the holiday!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

5. Likes annekat, Jaha, renidrag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately not everything is WG, even though we tend to blame it for everything first.

I'm so sorry that they found this, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is benign as Anne has said.

Thank goodness you were brave enough to tell them to continue.

Enjoy your holidays and then let hubby know what is going on. I hate the thought of you going through this without his support

Big hugs to you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

7. Likes annekat, Jaha, Arleta, Alysia, renidrag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big HUGE E-HUG from me Jana!!!

Hang in there!!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

9. Likes Alysia, Jaha, renidrag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Jana, I am so sorry that you have to deal with this tumor. I hope its benign. I googled it and read that there can be many variations of it. I pray that yours is the easiest. Thanks for sharing with us. Enjoy your vacation. Sending prayers & hugs ❤❤❤❤
    Last edited by Alysia; 07-05-2017 at 03:16 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

11. Likes Jaha, Arleta, mishb, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaha, I'm so sorry to hear about your tumour. I pray it's benign.
    I think you'll struggle to look like you're having a good time on holiday when you know you'll need to tell your husband at some point. He's not going to enjoy seeing you not enjoying your holiday as much as usual. So I'd tell him immediately.

Whatever you decide, you've always got lots of friends here to share your worries and troubles with. You always try and support others on this forum, now it's your turn to receive some support.
    Diagnosed April 1995

13. Likes mishb, Alysia, Jaha, Debbie C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to thank all of you for your kind responses. I have set up an an appointment with an oncologist at James Cancer Clinic, at Ohio State University. I have been waiting for over a week for my gastroenterologist to call me back to ask him some questions and also for my Rheumy to call me to let me know about holding off on my Rtx that was scheduled for tomorrow. I have cancelled the Rtx, so I won't get down before I have the appt. on Aug 4th. I have had all my records sent to them and feel confident with the decision I have made not having CC take care of this situation. I have been trying to get the gastro at CC to do a colonoscopy on me ever since they found 20-50 polyps in my stomach, two years ago. I am kind of feeling ignored. This kind of cancer is very rare and slow moving, I feel that all will be good, once they find out where it originated from. I'm so thankful that I have a group like you all to talk with, and I love you all! I will keep you informed on my next steps!
    Jana

15. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you'll be in good hands at The James. Hoping all goes well. Glad to see this afternoon's tornadoes missed you.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

17. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too! Close call!
    Jana

19. Likes Pete liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast