Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katie Got A New Kidney!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Katie Got A New Kidney!

Hi to all from Grandma2Katie. I just wanted to drop by to let you all know that my granddaughter had her kidney transplant yesterday. Her dad donated his kidney to her and it is functioning at 100%! The whole family is so happy that the surgery went well and the outcome seems to be working.

I talked with Katie a few minutes ago and she wanted me to come up and see her and be sure to bring Newly the kitten wrapped like a baby. So she is feeling better than yesterday and her dad made it down from his room to visit briefly.

Hugs to all and keep on fighting this disease...

Cindy in NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is such wonderful news. I am so happy for Katie, you, and the rest of your family. I hope and pray that this will be a long term success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is such fantastic news!
    It was the best thing that ever happened to me and I hope she has as much success with hers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful! Katie will do great with that new kidney. Medicine has come a long way. I had mine for 21 years, so I was told back then I could keep if for a very long, long , long time!
    Congrats! I will be praying for Katie! Thanks for the update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, that is wonderful news! Our thoughts and prayers are with Katie!
    Vasculitis Foundation medical consultants provide advice by telephone or e-mail to physicians who treat patients with Vasculitis.
    If you don’t have a Wegener’s doctor, please click the link and contact one or Sangye will be very upset! http://www.vasculitisfoundation.org/node/44

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow!!! Cindy, I'm doing a happy dance for Katie. How wonderful to have this news. Wishing her a lifetime of good years with Daddy's kidney.

It must have felt really good to her Dad to be able to help in such a tangible way. Parents suffer to see their children so sick, and most would trade places if they could. Thank you so much for letting us know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Wonderful News!

Hi Cindy,

I am sooo happy to hear that Katie is doing well. My son, Josh, is currently on dialysis. He started dialysis 1 week before Thanksgiving and the plan is for his prednisone to be tapered down to 5 mg (which will be in two weeks) and then wait 6-12 months for transplant. His disease needs to remain in remission for that length of time. Unfortunately, I and Josh's dad is not a candidate for donor. Josh's blood type is B+ and mine is AB+ and dad's A+. Katie is very fortunate to receive this wonderful gift from her dad. It breaks my heart that I can't do that for my son, however, I'm holding on to hope and prayers that the transplant team will find him a good match. Dialysis is long and tiring. Josh had an infection in his dialysis cathedar which required emergency removal yesterday. Luckily, his fistula is mature enough to use.

Take care, and thank you for posting this great news. It's great to here good news and outcomes especially when your child is enduring the same heartaches. Let's pray Josh will remain in remission and do well with transplant.

Thanks again,
    Kelly (from Chazy, New York)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will keep your son in our prayers! He will get a match or maybe someone close to might donate one. You never know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, this is the best news this year. I am so happy for Katie and I can just immagine how wonderful Daddy feels. I pray this will keep for a loooong time. Health and happiness to you and your family.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is great news! How is she doing now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast