Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tennis Elbow - Have You Had It?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tennis Elbow - Have You Had It?

Seems to be lingering. I roll an ice (on wheels) from behind me and believe it's that turning of my arm on a regular bases. Like how you wheel your luggage through the airport. Just wondering what you may have tried. Got a couple of "bands", and will seek out a couple more YT videos.
    Hope everyone is well.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi David
    I had it in both arms at once. Yay!

I had one session of physiotherapy and did some stretching exercises for a couple of weeks after that and it was gone.

Andrew
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband (non wegs) has had it in both elbows. He is a commercial cleaner.
    Physio and stretching and eventually cortisone injections in both.
    He has not had any trouble since

I hope you can get some relief quickly David
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what this has to do with GPA. However... yes I've had it and it can be very annoying. You can buy what's called a counterforce brace at the pharmacy or on Amazon. It took about six months for my tennis elbow to resolve. Again, as far as I know it has nothing to do with the subject of this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts are that strains to joints and joint pains seem to often be part of the array of Weg symptoms. I think we are just more prone to inflammation of the tendons and ligaments in the joints since our joint pains do not seem to actually involve the bones in the joints, just the soft tissue in them. Even when in fairly good remission from Wegs, I have had residual aches and pains in joints and think it is just part of the package for many of us Weggies. I have had to get and wear braces several times for things like carpal tunnel, knee strain, elbow strain etc.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree.
    Thanks to pred, I have torn my calf muscle, have trouble with my knees and ankles, and now have a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder.
    Strains and soft tissue injuries to muscles and tendons is quite common, I understand.
    Lovely WG, and it's meds - the gift that keeps on giving
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskatom View Post
    Not sure what this has to do with GPA. However... yes I've had it and it can be very annoying. You can buy what's called a counterforce brace at the pharmacy or on Amazon. It took about six months for my tennis elbow to resolve. Again, as far as I know it has nothing to do with the subject of this forum.
    Tom, I understand what you are saying and it's true, however sometimes the great people on this forum, are the only ones, or the best ones, to ask for advice - on many things.

You should read some old posts, some quite hilarious, about washing machines, laundry rooms or not laundry rooms, even about rabbits.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been on Prednisone since Dec 2015. I start what Now that I am on Rituximab I start the final tapering process tomorrow. I've had several joint aches and other side effects of the Pred (especially cataracts) develop during this period. Sometimes I'm not sure when I am experiencing symptoms of a disease or side effects of a medication.
    I have a lot of shoulder and arm pain during this time. It pretty much correlates with my weight. When I'm able to keep it down by 10 pounds, I appear to experience less of it. Of course, using steroids, I want to eat everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still don't have the Internet at home, and just getting back to things. Appreciate your guys words. Someone has mentioned to me "KT" tape (which you can find anywhere) and that it might do better than those Velcro bands you can buy. I will try that next.

David