Seven years baby.

This was the day I got wheeled into an empty surgery theatre for a lung biopsy, complete with a pathologist in the room (it was a Saturday and they opened it up for me - aren't I special ) and a couple hours later I was one diagnosis richer. Ha ha.

Despite the nature of the diagnosis, which bought me this elite club membership, it was much much better knowing the beast that needs to be tamed than not knowing what's wrong and having medical pros roll their eyes at your/my incessant requests for help.

At the time I had no idea how drastically this would change my life. Your initial feeling is that it's a change for the worse, but in fact it has become a change for the better. Totally counter intuitive, but true. I have said this before and I'm going to say it again. I have gotten way more from this disease than it has gotten from me. I could sit here and list off all the positive, wonderful things I have gotten from it, but I won't bore you with my Pollyanna perspective. You can all acquire your own and remember to enjoy every single moment of peace and no pain that you get. (There's one of the benefits from the disease, perspective we never had before getting sick.)

This forum saved my life, physically and emotionally and I have so much gratitude for Andrew for starting it, and all of the participants on here for their support, knowledge, wisdom, kindness, non-judgement, and empathy. Together we are invincible. Never forget the power we hold in us just from having gone through this experience.

Lots of love, healing and energy to you all.

marta