Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: last mtx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had neuropathy from diabetes for years before the Weg diagnosis but the Wegs made it worse. Nerve conduction tests confirm damage to both my sensory nerves and motor nerves. I initially took some meds for pain but found as the numbness progressed the pain seemed to decrease. i still have occasional twinges of stabbing pain and the other usual symptoms but the numbness in my feet is most bothersome along with loss of balance and trouble walking at times.

I have pain at times from cramps but don't know if this has any relation to the neuropathy since many things can cause cramps.

There are some experimental treatments for neuropathy being researched but no promise of any effective treatment on near horizon. I have been told the best thing I can do is to walk a lot and try to control my blood glucose levels.
    Last edited by drz; 06-14-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

2. Likes Pete, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I left my PCP's a few hours ago. He is shaking his head and thinking the only thing left is fibromyalgia, which I really dread since there seems to be so very little you can do about it. He thinks that whatever I have can be relieved with Lyrica. He upped my dosage to 75mgx3 today and took me off the ropinirole. I hope to see some results in a week or so. If the pain isn't relieved by my next apt in 2 wks, then he'll up it again to 100mg. However, that's as high as he wants to go. We'll see.

I have been told the best thing I can do is to walk a lot
    I have found out by trial-and-error that walking is a good way to relieve the pain, so I make regular trips around the neighborhood.

4. Likes drz, Jaha, Dirty Don, Geoff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fingers and toes crossed hoping you get relief.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

6. Likes drz, Jaha, Dirty Don liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123