Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
During the 18 months of well intentioned doctors fighting my symptoms, my eyes changed a lot. My eyes were some of the first manifestations of the disease. I had double vision for awhile, followed by my right eye swelling up and almost hitting the lens of my eye glasses. One of the diagnosis was Optical Pseudo-Tumor.
In the course of treating these symptoms, I took a lot of Prednisone, which caused additional problems. My cataracts got so big that both eyes were operated on last fall. I had the less expensive lenses installed so I need to use reading glasses for close up work. A month after the cataract surgery I got a prescription for reading glasses. They worked fine for 2-3 months and then my eyes changed. I suddenly needed a much stronger pair of readers.
Now that I am on Rituximab and have cut back the Prednisone to 15 mg, it seems my eyes are changing again.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
My vision is deteriorating fast since the last summer. I have changed glasses for distance to 2 numbers higher at January after in August they were ok. Now again I dont see well enough in one eye. All those months I took lots of pred and had a flare. Although not in the eyes this time. I do have cataract but not severe enough for a surgery. Yet ?
I did a check of my vision field and in was ok. Brain MRI was also ok. I am going to see my neuropthalmologist on Wednesday so will see what she will say.
Will be grateful also to understand what does it mean and what to do about it.
I have glasses for distance since I was 6 years old. Also pair for readings in the last few years.