Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: for those whose onset was sinus-related

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is interesting, Rose. With my big ear infection that no one knew was Wegs, after it cleared up with 3 different antibiotics and pred, the ENT treated me with 5 days of IV antibiotics to prevent mastoiditis. All looked OK. A few years later, while on Wegs treatment, I got an MRI for a different reason, which mentioned on the side that the mastoids were fully opaque in the image. Not sure what that meant, but the ENT saw it, and no mention was made of mastoiditis. I think the doc said they were full of fluid and not draining, but like it was a permanent condition related to all the damage done to my nasal cavity, ears, e-tubes, etc., and not like it was a problem. Perhaps I misunderstood something, but am obviously confused. I also have vertigo, which comes and goes, but all he's said is it could be Menieres, and I should keep a log of events, avoid certain things, have certain meds on hand, etc. Now I'm wondering if the mastoids could be involved here​, and why wouldn't he say so? I guess I'm overdue for a visit to him, or a new one, for some further explanations. Thanks for your post.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    I have posts about vertigo I was experiencing in the archives. Eventually had an MRI and was diagnosed with Mastoiditis. The problem the ENT had is that he did not know if this was caused by Wegs or an infection so he treated me for both with antibiotics and increase in prednisone as well as as cortisone nasal rinses. it did the trick...no more vertigo.

Rose
    wow, Rose, that's serious. what were your symptoms?
    OTOH, you were fortunate (?) to get a diagnosis that was "curable" since most vertigo is only resolved by waiting it out, while being spaced out on meclizine or dramamine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI Lovetoswin and Annekat

If you put the word 'Vertigo' into the search box you will find the thread I started when I first began experiencing symptoms. It is on page 3 of the archives and dated 10/15/2011. All my symptoms are well documented there. After writing the post today I searched for the thread and reread it. It definitely was a Wegs flare as you will see. This is a very sneaky disease. Googling "Wegeners Granulomatosis Vertigo" you will find quite a few case histories of this and in some cases the Wegeners presenting with vertigo.

Rose
    Last edited by Rose; 04-24-2017 at 03:27 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234