Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FYI if you have warts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default FYI if you have warts

Here's a little insight recently gained that might help someone.

If you have had recalcitrant warts due to the immune suppression, here's a great treatment that is not top of mind with most docs.

DCP for recalcitrant warts.

My experience. Had one wart on my foot at 17 years old, it got surgically removed at that time, but once I started treatment after diagnosis it came back (at age 43). I tried having it removed a number of different ways, and none of them worked for a few years, and the one single wart remained unfazed. One doctor decided to scrape it before a cryo treatment, and by doing so unleashed the virus all over my foot. Within a week I had 12 warts. Within a month 24. By the time I finally got it treated with this treatment, over 50. I also had a baby toe nail surgically removed, and the virus managed to get into the wound from that surgery. My baby toe became completely taken over by the wart virus and I seriously considered the option of getting it cut off. I told my rheumy that I want it cut off because it was constantly in pain, and I couldn't even put on some shoes. She instead referred me to a dermatologist who specializes in autoimmune issues and he used this treatment on me. I honestly couldn't even imagine having my feet back to normal. Now, a couple of months after visiting him for the first time, my foot is almost back to normal. One or two more treatments and I will have normal feet again.

The treatment is painless, and uses a really cool technique. The first visit is to induce an allergic reaction to the drug (apparently 100% of people get an allergic reaction to it after initial introduction) and then each weekly visit increases the strength and it gets applied directly to the wart for 6-8 hours, then washed off. You notice the difference each week, and no pain or side effects. It's quite amazing, so if you are having issues of this sort, bring up DCP to your doctor.

I'd show you before and after pictures, but I fear it might cause someone to loose their lunch, so I'll refrain.

Peace,

marta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, amazing and crazy, all in one go

I'm glad your feet are nearly back to normal.

Gosh the things you have been up to, since you have been away
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is WOW,never heard of such a thing.I'm sure your wart pics couldn't be much worse than the booger pics but I will just imagine.. no need to share Glad you are getting better
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful news Marta!! and i thought you were limping after I trod on you with my my size 11's!
    Always totally interesting when you post, missed you on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Wonderful news Marta!! and i thought you were limping after I trod on you with my my size 11's!
    Always totally interesting when you post, missed you on here.
    I can take your weight, you'd never hurt me. I miss having you in Jasper. I now see animals (almost daily) and think of how you didn't get to see any, and how we searched them out and they hid on purpose for some reason (probably to ensure that you come back to see them.)

Happy Birthday young man. Many many happy returns.