User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Elevated pANCA only = Wegs or something else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Elevated pANCA only = Wegs or something else?

I have too much time on my hands, before I get to Penn. If the only elevation in my immunological blood work is pANCA and Lymph nodes, could it be due to long term use of antibiotics, chronic illness over the last few months, or something other than Wegs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have cramps

Sent from my JERRY using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cramps? where? I had one weird cramp in my quad yesterday and of course, I get toe cramps when I swim, but in general, no.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irene, I hope you can have elevated p-ANCA without having Wegs or any other vasculitis such as MPA. Are you sure it was that high? I don't know what is high, because I had a very low reading at my dx, though I was definitely sick with WG. It is not known as the most reliable indicator in all people, but I honestly don't know whether there are other reasons to have it than having vasculitis. Maybe we should do some research. I can't wait for your appointment at Penn, either, because I want to hear what the rheumy has to say.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Irene, I hope you can have elevated p-ANCA without having Wegs or any other vasculitis such as MPA. Are you sure it was that high? I don't know what is high, because I had a very low reading at my dx, though I was definitely sick with WG. It is not known as the most reliable indicator in all people, but I honestly don't know whether there are other reasons to have it than having vasculitis. Maybe we should do some research. I can't wait for your appointment at Penn, either, because I want to hear what the rheumy has to say.

Hi Anne, I can't wait either! The wait is making me crazy--I should stay off the internet, which is a blessing and a curse.

pANCA was 1.3 titers. The lab report indicated it was "above high normal." However, it does say follow up testing for Wegs should include PR3 and MPO--ANCA enzyme to determine Wegs.

I'm curious as to why Jeto asked about cramping. Any idea, Anne?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Jeto asked about cramping because he is having some and wonders if others do. So he sees it as a symptom of Wegs. Actually, for some of us it is; we get some damage to the nerves in the legs and feet and sometimes hands, where they become numb and sometimes will cramp, which can be painful. It's called peripheral neuropathy, and diabetics get it too. Right now my toes are numb, as is the one pinky finger that has this. Sometimes my hands will cramp when I'm trying to use them, and sometimes my feet and legs will do it quite painfully when lying in bed. I have found that taking magnesium supplements helps a lot with this, so I make sure to take around 1000mg. over the course of a day.

Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Maybe Jeto asked about cramping because he is having some and wonders if others do. So he sees it as a symptom of Wegs. Actually, for some of us it is; we get some damage to the nerves in the legs and feet and sometimes hands, where they become numb and sometimes will cramp, which can be painful. It's called peripheral neuropathy, and diabetics get it too. Right now my toes are numb, as is the one pinky finger that has this. Sometimes my hands will cramp when I'm trying to use them, and sometimes my feet and legs will do it quite painfully when lying in bed. I have found that taking magnesium supplements helps a lot with this, so I make sure to take around 1000mg. over the course of a day.

That's interesting. I've woken up at night with weird cramping on the side of my leg, and on one occasion half of my foot went numb for a few moments in the pool, but I always attributed that to over exercise, lack of enough hydration, age. Cramping can be from so many things. Thanks for your input. All of this is being "filed away."