Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default You won't believe this !!!!

I went in for my endoscopy on Wed. and I told him I did not want my throat dialated unless it was necessary, well I guess he thought it was. All went well until the end. My two front teeth have crowns on them,from when I was very young and wanted to be a dancer when I grew up but I was spinning around on a newly waxed kitchen floor and fell flat on my face. Well fast forward.. anyway when I woke from the anestesia (sp?) they said my crown and tooth under it broke off. I had to go immediately to the dentist..still wigged out from being drugged up and since the pred has made my gums and teeth not as good they need to make me a bridge with 6 crowns. And the grand total of that is going to be over $ 6000.00. The hosp board is going to decide IF and what they will pay and let me know Wed. In the mean time they gave me a fake tooth that wont't stay in. My throat was killing me, have had a low grade fever and now the stitches are coming out. I am very surprised I don't have in ulcer. No vacations for me this year
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You shouldn't have to pay a cent for the dental work. I'd tell the hospital board that if they don't make it right, your lawyer will be in contact!!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with Pete on this one.
    That is so frustrating.
    You fight them all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gah!!! I agree. They need to pay for this. Crazy! You have my sympathy. I have been dealing with problem teeth all my life! Let us know what happens.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, crap, Debbie. I'm so sorry! I'm with everyone else. It wasn't your fault and you shouldn't have to pay a dime. I'm not sure why you need a bridge and all those crowns right away, but I'm not a dentist and I do get it about having weaker teeth. You might as well try to get the hospital to pay for all of them so you don't have to later. If it was me, I'd be sh*t out of luck, since I just plain don't have the money. Good luck.🍀

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am going to call a personal injury att. tomorrow. The dentist did make this thing for me called a flipper. ...its just one tooth,but it has the backing like a denture, BUT the thing with that is I can't sleep or eat with it so wtf good is it !!! The reason they need to do so many Anne is because my other teeth aren't strong enough to support it. I don't have the money for it either Anne but a have a care credit card. Its like taking out a loan. But this was the last thing I expected. The hosp is going to have a meeting and I will hear there decision Tues ( same day I go back to the dentist ) so I hope I can find a lawyer that can pull this off !
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Go Girl!!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You get my support as well, Deb, with prayers & love ❤
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope all goes good with getting the hospital to pay for all of it, I was their fault. I don't see how they could get away with not paying for them to do them right.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debbie, shame on your sisters for dismissing your illness. It is all too easy for people to do that who know nothing about it. And best wishes to your mom, hoping she does better. As for the rest, may justice be done!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

11. Likes Pete, Debbie C, Dirty Don, LisaT, Jaha, Alysia liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast