Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You won't believe this !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry you have to go through this Debbie.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

2. Likes LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    Well tried to call different attys. and no one would take the case. Go figure, they may need that place someday ! I also got a call from the hosp. board administator and he said the the most they WOULD have paid would have been $50 -75.00 andt they call this exceptional risk and they will not pay for anything. NOW the war is on.I argued with him for awhile and said that my dentist told me 2 years ago my teeth needed replaced then its not their fault. So I went to get my stitches out and asked who told them info. and the dentist said he talked to him but the sec. also told him my history. Now I may be wrong but I worked with drs. before and that violates hippa rules. They had no right saying anything.She even said she was sorry because they probably would have paid if that wasn't in my history. So I am going to again contact a different lawyer and see about sueing them for releasing my info. I am not going to let this dentist work on me again and my gastro also who I also saw today told me to write a letter to the ceo of the hosp. I doubt that will do any good but I will.This is really getting ridiculous.He told me it was only a tooth and to stop carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. Needless to say we had words.Well that's the latest update.Tomorrow is another day !
    Thats's a shame. Dont give up, Deb. Call the ombudsman. Also write a formal letter and send it to all those who are involved and their managers including hospital ceo and everyone possible.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

4. Likes LisaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called an atty that deals with hippa laws and the dentist was definitely in the wrong but by the time I would pay atty fees I would end up with nothing. So he told me what I needed to do. I called care credit since they already ran the loan through ( even for 500.00 more dollars ) and told them I am not using them and I want it cancelled. I then called the dentist and told him I contacted an atty and he was wrong for what he did in releasing my records without my approval. He then said he would not charge me for this worthless flipper thing he made and that he would work on me like I was his mother !! I'm not that old !!He also said if I wasn't happy with the first bridge he would keep working until I was happy. But I think I put the fear of God into him because he told me not to call the hosp. and he would see want he could work out. So as soon I got off the phone with him ,I called the hosp. but the guy was gone for the day,but I left word to call me first thing in the morning or my atty will !!!! Then my girlfriend composed an awesome letter for me to send to the ceo. I have an apt at another dentist to see what they would charge but this is FAR from over. Between the dentist ,gastro, and hosp. I better not have to pay a thing. The saga continues.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb,
    I'm sorry you are having trouble getting your teeth fixed. I can't believe that the hospital was only going to pay that little amount, that wouldn't even pay for a filling. That Dentist deserves to be sued, that is definitely
    Hippa voilation. I hope that you get some better news soon. Please take care of yourself!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite unable to type anything here that could possibly help Debs, PM me if you wish to Vent etc but the system over here in the UK is totally different so I am unable to help with any solid advice but it sounds to me that you should puss on with your claim. As daft as it may sound, try and not let the stress etc take over as none of us need that in our lives.
    Thinking of you my good friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it has been months and I am still fighting the battle. The dentist I went to at first did not put in any crowns but yet billed by credit $ 6500.00. I had to file 2 disputes and he lied soooooooo bad ,saying that I came to him with several broken teeth and some other lies. I finally won the dispute and reported him to the dental board. I had the work done by a different dentist which still cost me $ 6000.00. I contacted my insurance company and they said that if the hosp. were to admit that it was there fault ( and they even sent me a form for them to fill out ) the my ins. would pay for it BUT the hosp. refuses, saying it was not in the records that it happened and they are not changing them because it could give the hosp a bad reputation. Well I have an atty. now and hopefully I will get something back, the lawyer gets 40%. The saga continues.....

9. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoot, Debbie, this sucks, you are a strong person who doesn't deserve anything of this nature. I wrote a longer reply but it somehow got lost when I tried to edit it.... unless it turns up. I don't even know if we have ombudsmen here or what they might be called... There's got to be someone who knows the ropes and can get things done on your behalf.... very idealistic, maybe... I would be lost and overcome with stress. I'd like to see this publicized and this guy and the hospital brought down and be made to pay restitution, and the guy to lose his practice. Keep fighting if you possibly can!

11. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps a conversation with Mike DeWine's (Ohio Attorney General) office might be appropriate...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

13. Likes annekat, Debbie C, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea Anne,I was really stressed out when I owed a total of 12,500 so I am glad I am down to $ 6000.00 !! But I have a some other issues going on right now also which isn't helping at all. Actually I am going to a counselor tomorrow, they have prescribed me Prozac but again I keep thinking I can handle things without popping pills..we will see. I haven't been taking my antibiotics either. Then my pulmy retired and I found a new one so next week a have to go have a pft and a ct scan of my lungs. The rheumy at CC is trying to get me into see a neurologist because I keep getting bad headaches and dizzy. On top of that my mother ( who is 90 ) has low hemoglobin and is not doing to well. Then to top it off my 2 sisters have liked disowned me, saying I'm not sick, you are in remission ! As for the dentist, the medical board will not let me know the outcome.
    Pete, I wish I would of thought about the Atty general before I signed up with this atty who will get more money than me Seems like I will be just missing you at CC by about a week..hope all goes well for you there.

15. Likes Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debbie, shame on your sisters for dismissing your illness. It is all too easy for people to do that who know nothing about it. And best wishes to your mom, hoping she does better. As for the rest, may justice be done!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

17. Likes Pete, Debbie C, Dirty Don, LisaT, Jaha, Alysia liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast