Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A young man with GPA who needs assistance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On behalf of the foundation I started to help autoimmune disease patients and/or autoimmune disease research (Find the Common Thread Foundation,) I have donated $500 to Jetmir.
    Hopefully that starts the ball rolling.

Peace.
    Last edited by marta; 04-09-2017 at 12:58 AM.

2. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, thank you. You are awesome. Wow. There is a Facebook group that also is beginning to engage in fundraising efforts for individual vasculitis patients, as well as for research and awareness. I've been wanting to make them aware of you and the things you do but had sort of lost track. So I'm glad to see you back on the forum, and I'll share with them the good news of your donation. You've made my day and I'm sure Jetmir's and Bing's (Scott's?) as well. Big hugs​!!!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    On behalf of the foundation I started to help autoimmune disease patients and/or autoimmune disease research (Find the Common Thread Foundation,) I have donated $500 to Jetmir.

Peace.
    Thanks to you and the Foundation! So generous and kind. This will help him sooo much!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Marta, thank you. You are awesome. Wow. There is a Facebook group that also is beginning to engage in fundraising efforts for individual vasculitis patients, as well as for research and awareness. I've been wanting to make them aware of you and the things you do but had sort of lost track. So I'm glad to see you back on the forum, and I'll share with them the good news of your donation. You've made my day and I'm sure Jetmir's and Bing's (Scott's?) as well. Big hugs​!!!

Yup, I'm Scott, and I just spoke with Jetmir on Viber, it's about 530PM evening time where he is, and he could not believe it lol. He has been very depressed, and this has lifted him up!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post

Peace.

https://findthecommonthread.com/tag/...ranulomatosis/

That's the Foundation link, Thanks so much for reaching out!!
    Last edited by Bing505z; 04-09-2017 at 01:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bing505z View Post
    Yup, I'm Scott, and I just spoke with Jetmir on Viber, it's about 530PM evening time where he is, and he could not believe it lol. He has been very depressed, and this has lifted him up!!
    I'm so glad Scott. We all know that feeling of complete despair at diagnosis, and I can't even imagine what it must feel like in his position. I was born in Bulgaria, and have a friend who has WG there, it's right next door, and the language is almost completely the same, so I've sent her an email with his gofundme page in case she wants to reach out to him and even have their doctors confer. I credit this site (here) with saving my life in the early days, so I'm glad I can do something small to pay it forward. I'm glad he has someone like you in his corner too. After diagnosis, we have to dig deep to look for our lucky stars, and your friendship is definitely one of his.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post

Hi Anne,
    As of my last flare, I have killed, I say that with pride, all of my social media. All of it. And it feels so darn good. I'm no longer on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, or anything else. It's absolutely astounding how much time gets eaten up with that, and also the weird emotional buttons all that stuff is designed to mess around with - guilt, victimhood, pride, and all the other yucky ones, and it steals your precious time to boot. People can contact me through the foundation page, or just look me up. Old school.

You're too kind. I haven't done anything. I was actually going to nix the foundation after my last flare, but have since decided that might have been a rash decision based on being ill. I'm keeping it going, but doing less physical stuff, and hopefully more keyboard activities that might reach further and have a greater impact, like my initial work on creating an app, and other crazy ideas. This year PJ Day in Jasper was almost a non event, but others in town are now jumping in and taking some initiatives, so there was still something small and we still managed to raise about $1000 without doing anything. This is why I had no problem sharing this unexpected financial boost with someone who needed it more than a bank account.

I'm glad it made your day. If only I could do it daily.

Peace,
    m

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big thanks for 500$ donation to Marta very very much

Sent from my JERRY using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My pleasure. Glad I could help in some small way. Money comes and goes, health and peace of mind on the other hand is much more precious.
    Best of luck. Vsichko Nai Hubavo. Zdravi i shtaslivi!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe I have friends like you, big hug from me I hope one day we will meet and drinking coffee together

Sent from my JERRY using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast