Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this website, although the more I read, the more scared I am. I, like so many on this forum, have led a clean life, no meat, no sweets, 2-3 hours of exercise a day for the last 30 years. My only issue was vertigo and sinus infections that lasted for weeks. Since January of 2016, I've had chronic sinusitis, and in December, had pneumonia, which I quickly recovered from, but shortly after finishing the antibiotics, I got a raging sinus infection and the flu. The pattern has been that a week after I finish the antibiotics and 5 pack prednisone, I start getting all the sinus infection symptoms back. Right now, my energy level is high, although I still have minor mucus discharge and tinnitus. I only usually missed 3 days a year of exercise, but in the last 3 months, I've missed an entire total of 1 month. Something isn't right. My family doc suggested I see an immunologist, and my pANCA was 1:3 and Lymphs were above normal. I went to an ENT to inquire about a nasal biopsy and he does sinus surgery along with it. I am opposed to doing that b/c he will put me on high doses of prednisone first and do the surgery, followed by more meds. If the nasal biop is negative, I will still need a lung biopsy. Is it possible to find a doc who will just do the nasal biopsy without the sinus surgery "package?"

Also, since i feel well right now, if the lung biopsy comes back positive, do I have to immediately go on those scary meds, even though I feel almost "normal?" I know my life is going to change, and not for the better. I can handle sinus infections, but the attacks that I have read on this website that others have suffered is really scary. I barely take a handful of aspirin a year, and taking chemo drugs and high does of prednisone when I feel ok seems a little crazy to me.

I live in the Philadelphia area, so if anyone can give me lung, ENT or rheumy recommendations, I would be most grateful. sorry for all the questions.