Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Acceptance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Acceptance

Hi. I am a Mom of a 16 year old who was diagnosed 2 years 4 months ago. He is stable right now. First off I am wondering if there are other parents on here with teens with GPA and two any of those teens having a hard time accepting it? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Owensmom,

Our daughter was diagnosed at age 14 also (tomorrow is actually the 4 year anniversary of her diagnosis.) I limit what I say on here, a public forum, but for what it's worth you can tap my username and find my profile and then look at posts I've written to see some more info on her story. On Facebook I'm involved with about 40 families of pediatric-onset Wegeners in a "secret" group - secret if a FB term meaning you can't search for it and no posts or members are seen unless you belong to the group. Our daughter is fairly solid with her diagnosis now, but she definitely has had times that she shoves it to the bottom of her list of things to think on! In the FB group the kids are generally not as stressed about it as their parents, it seems. Such is the nature of kids, and of parents, huh?

Private message me more direct questions if you wish. Also, use the fabulous search engine on here and you can search "pediatric" or "son" or "adolescent" or "teenager" for example, and see posts that might relate.

Hugs from one mom mom to another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/6jjrZj9a-Ns

Welcome to our family, Owensmom. I am glad your son is stable. Watch this great video. Both girls are doing good. Sending prayers for your son and you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.