Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just In Case

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Just In Case

I woke up last night in a total sweat with a very irregular heartbeat. It was all over the place. I took some supplements that can often stop arrythmias and within 2 hours it did quiet down enough that I could sleep well for 6 more hours. (Much needed-- I've been in bad shape the past few days) This morning it's back. My stethoscope says to get it checked out . I'll be headed to the ER sometime this morning. I'm doing okay--not even that stressed about it.

I just wanted to let you know in case I'm not back on for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best of luck getting it checked out Sangye, I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. You could do with a break.

Nice to see you taking your own advice so we don't need to nag you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you are going to the ER. Looking forward to your return soon. Hang in there, your a strong woman with a big heart!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take care of yourself, my prayers are with you. Get back soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, good luck and hope things improve soon for you.
    Vasculitis Foundation medical consultants provide advice by telephone or e-mail to physicians who treat patients with Vasculitis.
    If you don’t have a Wegener’s doctor, please click the link and contact one or Sangye will be very upset! http://www.vasculitisfoundation.org/node/44

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it is nothing serious Sangye and you are back home soon feeling better in no time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, I am glad you follow your own advice (some may call it nagging). I hope everything is ok and you are back online very soon...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope its a drive through window visit with the fries !!!! Will be think of you and hope it all goes well. Feel better soon!!!!! I will think of you while I sleep in the hospital tonight fort the sleep study. Hey we are both there tonight? Different states of coarse. In spirit lets say!!! Be good to yourself!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, everyone for your kind words and good wishes!

As it turns out I never did go to the ER. I got up and decided to see how things went. It gradually got better over the course of the morning, and by mid-afternoon my heart was beating as it should.

I think it may have been caused by a spinal misalignment in my upper back--those nerves supply the heart. The area has felt out of alignment for several days. When I got into bed last night I realized I'd forgotten to take my coumadin. I sat up in an odd way that put too much stress on my chest, and immediately felt a sharp pain under my sternum. The arrythmias started a few hours later. I can't adjust my own spine, but as I was sitting today I stretched a bit and felt some relief in that area. The irregular heart beats started to normalize soon after.

My plan is if it comes back I'll get it checked out. I'll try to get a chiropractic adjustment meanwhile to remove that factor and maybe resolve the whole thing. I'll also email my Wegs doc tomorrow to let him know what happened, in case he wants me to do something about it.

It was all so weird. Something like this would usually have me freaked out or at least out the door to the ER. But I remained calm and felt equanimity about staying home or going to the hospital. Hopefully tonight will be fine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad all is okay Sangye. I hope it does not return. Rest well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast