Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wegener's and hyperparathyroidism

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vdub: Yikes!!! Glad you're managing ok. Looks like you may join @BookNut as an honorary weggie.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VW
    Sounds like a through eval which you hoped Mayo would do, but results are a bit mixed for sure. I hope things get better down the path for you. Keep us posted on how it goes for you!
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, no wegs, Pete, I'm out'a here buddy! :-)

If I don't have any weg's symptoms in say 6 months after coming off the mtx and pred, then I'd have to conclude that I don't have wegs. Which in a way would be too bad, because if you look up the causes for fibromyalgia (assuming I have it), then it could have very well been caused by an "over reaction" to my pituitary (or lack of) which is a certainty and treating me for wegs -- if that somehow makes sense.

Personally, I don't think I have fibromyalgia. One of the things that was mentioned several times to me was "deconditioned" and I thought to myself "fat, lazy, out of shape slob". When I finally got home and looked up the medical definition of deconditioned, it is more than being fat and lazy since there is both a mental and physical component to it. Its still fat and lazy, but more involved than just being a slob. I'm hoping the summer sunshine and good hard work will reverse things. that's the hope anyway. Besides, I would fit into my MG a whole let better if I lost 20 lbs.

Speaking of the MG.... I'm putting a new top. Up to this point on the restoration trail, I haven't had a top. When Geoff and I were running all around Idaho we hoped for good weather and sunshine because there wasn't any top. Now I have a top (almost anyway, I still have some trim to do) and for the first time in 42 years I sat in the car with the top up. I have to tilt my head slightly to see out the front windshield. Kind of funny. I'll see if I can get a picture of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    for the first time in 42 years I sat in the car with the top up. I have to tilt my head slightly to see out the front windshield. Kind of funny. I'll see if I can get a picture of it.
    Just do like Bubba Smith did in Police Academy. Sit in the back seat. Wait....that won't work will it? (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just do like Bubba Smith did in Police Academy. Sit in the back seat. Wait....that won't work will it? (-8
    HA! No, I'd be sitting on the gas tank. I'll try to mostly finish the trim today and get a pic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here we go! A bit tight, but that gives me more reason to run with the top down.

IMG_20170418_100014.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Likes seied liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear you did not get more encouraging news, or more of a direction toward effective treatment. Best wishes....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Vdub,

I haven't been on this sight as long as most, but I do follow it on a daily basis. As glad as I'd like to say you're free of your Weg status, You
    are still ill and you do contribute immensely to this group. I hope you are not so quick to flee, and if you do, kindly let me know which group you join
    next so that I may follow. Just call me a Vdub groupie.

Best,
    Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Susan! I'm not going very far. Too many friends here.... :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds complicated... thanks for sharing, vdub. I am sorry for your pains.. I thought that your granulomatosis Hypophisits is part of WG... no idea if all these are good news after all ? Hang in there with the withdrawls... praying for you.
    Btw, Doug who was a member here, was more then 10 years without any wg symptoms. So not sure if 6 months can tell... lets hope you just dont have it.
    Last edited by Alysia; 04-20-2017 at 04:18 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12