Likes Likes:  18
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick & Tired

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for being here, I love you.

Thank you for your kind words, Jana, you allways warm my heart. I am sorry that you are having an unknown infection right now. What are your symptoms ? Are you getting any treatment for it ? I think you are right that the last rtx crushed me.

I am so sorry, Michelle, for your pains from the shoulder tendon and for the elavated liver enzymes.. we need to call dr. @pberggren1 to be in charge...

In my blood tests the other number for liver functions is not called ALP but AST (GOT) which is this one:

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.c...erpretive/8360

Our norms for it are between 10 to 31 (same for the ALT) and mine is 23 which is normal. How much is yours ?

I think that @im so blessed might be right for us both. Thank you so much im so blessed. We are blessed to have you with us.
    I am living daily on paracetamol in the last few weeks because of joints pains and stomach pains. Its the same as tylenol. And eventhough your dr., Michelle, said that its not connected, read this link:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/e...n/sym-20050830

Also ALT can be elavated because of viruses. My family dr. Checked all the following in my blood tests (they all came negative, so its not my case, but ask to check yours):
    Brucella AB
    Cmv
    Parvo virus

I think there are more which didnt come back yet. Ask to check all viruses related.

I need to find a new gastro dr to check more about the liver. My wg dr. didnt say something clear about it, just that I might have an infection going on for some time now in my lungs and MAYBE in the liver.

I took first pill of Levofloxacin for the pneumonia. Please pray that it will not cause more diarrhea. Just too tired from it.

I couldnt have make it without you, my wg family. Thanks and God bless you all.
    Last edited by Alysia; 04-05-2017 at 02:44 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that my sister can no longer take tylenol, as it elevated her liver enzymes and she was in the hospital with severe stomach pains from it. She had been taking the tylenol for a couple of weeks for a head cold prior to this. her numbers did come back down again. Alysia did you have this test done recently when you were not taking this medicine? I'd think if they were normal, but now elevated, it could be the medicine causing it. But i would definitly want a Dr to decide that for you! I sure hope and pray you are getting better!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I am so sorry, Michelle, for your pains from the shoulder tendon and for the elavated liver enzymes.. we need to call dr. @pberggren1 to be in charge...

In my blood tests the other number for liver functions is not called ALP but AST (GOT) which is this one:

AST - Clinical: Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST) (GOT), Serum

Our norms for it are between 10 to 31 (same for the ALT) and mine is 23 which is normal. How much is yours ?

I think that @im so blessed might be right for us both. Thank you so much im so blessed. We are blessed to have you with us.
    I am living daily on paracetamol in the last few weeks because of joints pains and stomach pains. Its the same as tylenol. And eventhough your dr., Michelle, said that its not connected, read this link:

Elevated liver enzymes - Mayo Clinic

Thanks Alysia, yes I definitely need Dr Phil

ASP is also on my blood test, and it is just outside the normal, at 32

I think I'm so blessed may be correct, but the reason the doctor said no, is because I'm only having two tablets at lunchtime, and two at night. Two every 12 hours instead of two every six hours. I'm not sure what the alternative is at the moment, because of the shoulder, so I will keep taking them for the time being.
    I'm also not sure whether to stop taking them a couple of weeks prior to my next test, or keep taking them so that the vasculitis clinic can look in to the results.

I hope the levofloxacin works and puts you on the road to recovery (without any more diarrhea)
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,
    I figured the infusion would be very rough on you. I am praying that you get over this pneumonia and other infection quickly. I'm sure that the infections are wearing you down. Please rest and take care of yourself, we need you at full capacity, to keep us in line on here.
    My infections are UTI's and I also have something going on with my stomach. I go back to CC next week to see abthe Gastroenterologist. I'm in the process of finding out what is going on. I am due for my infusion this month and am a little afraid of having it done right now.
    Please keep us updated on your condition. Hugs!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, be careful with the levofloxacin. The brand name in the US is Levaquin. When I took it, pre-Wegs dx, I got very weak, with achy joints and twinges in my tendons and later found out that it, and others in the flouroquinalone family are known for this sort of thing. Later, I took others in the same family, such as Cipro, with no ill effects. Just be careful moving around, up and down stairs, do nothing that will risk pulling a tendon. I've heard the same thing about pred, so maybe you already do this. Not trying to alarm you, just beware and pay close attention to how it effects you. Not everyone experiences this, and it is a very effective antibiotic, the only one that worked on my big ear infection at the beginning of WG. If any problems, talk to your doc. Best of luck.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by im so blessed View Post
    I know that my sister can no longer take tylenol, as it elevated her liver enzymes and she was in the hospital with severe stomach pains from it. She had been taking the tylenol for a couple of weeks for a head cold prior to this. her numbers did come back down again. Alysia did you have this test done recently when you were not taking this medicine? I'd think if they were normal, but now elevated, it could be the medicine causing it. But i would definitly want a Dr to decide that for you! I sure hope and pray you are getting better!!!
    Thanks a lot for the important info. The tests are from Sunday. I will wait for a while before checking again. I am glad that your sister have recovered and sorry she cant use tylenol anymore. What does she take if she need ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Thanks Alysia, yes I definitely need Dr Phil

ASP is also on my blood test, and it is just outside the normal, at 32

I think I'm so blessed may be correct, but the reason the doctor said no, is because I'm only having two tablets at lunchtime, and two at night. Two every 12 hours instead of two every six hours. I'm not sure what the alternative is at the moment, because of the shoulder, so I will keep taking them for the time being.
    I'm also not sure whether to stop taking them a couple of weeks prior to my next test, or keep taking them so that the vasculitis clinic can look in to the results.

I hope the levofloxacin works and puts you on the road to recovery (without any more diarrhea)
    4 pills a day are exactly what I took in the last weeks. But after reading what im so blessed wrote I tried to avoid and take less. I was able to make it with 1 pill a day. Pred helps my pains. Maybe it can help you ? Maybe you need to get some treatment for the shoulder ? I read about it in Hebrew and it was written that there might be anti inflamation meds and local steroids injections. Please take good care of yourself.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    Alysia,
    I figured the infusion would be very rough on you. I am praying that you get over this pneumonia and other infection quickly. I'm sure that the infections are wearing you down. Please rest and take care of yourself, we need you at full capacity, to keep us in line on here.
    My infections are UTI's and I also have something going on with my stomach. I go back to CC next week to see abthe Gastroenterologist. I'm in the process of finding out what is going on. I am due for my infusion this month and am a little afraid of having it done right now.
    Please keep us updated on your condition. Hugs!
    Thank you so much for your kind words and caring. I am sorry that you have to struggle with UTI's. Its tough. I also had them one after the other during my first year on rtx. I was also on mtx. I quit the mtx and it helped. Also, if you are off antibiotics for 10 days and give urine sample they can detect the specific germ and see to what antibiotics it reacts. I was on longer treatment and few months on lower doze of the antibiotics for maintenance. Now I only get them every couple of months and 14 days on antibiotics are enough.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Alysia, be careful with the levofloxacin. The brand name in the US is Levaquin. When I took it, pre-Wegs dx, I got very weak, with achy joints and twinges in my tendons and later found out that it, and others in the flouroquinalone family are known for this sort of thing. Later, I took others in the same family, such as Cipro, with no ill effects. Just be careful moving around, up and down stairs, do nothing that will risk pulling a tendon. I've heard the same thing about pred, so maybe you already do this. Not trying to alarm you, just beware and pay close attention to how it effects you. Not everyone experiences this, and it is a very effective antibiotic, the only one that worked on my big ear infection at the beginning of WG. If any problems, talk to your doc. Best of luck.

Wow, thanks for the info, Anne. I didnt know all these. I couldnt move much because of fever and heavy breathing so the only risk was when I cleaned the litter boxes of my cats

d74692a8dff81202943ff680527d2169.jpg
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, maybe by the time you can move again, you'll know whether the drug is affecting you that way. I've read all sorts of scare stories about it on the internet, including delayed reactions and lifelong problems. But I didn't have those and wonder how much is hype and exaggeration. Best not look at those, what's done is done, and you just need to rest. I hope your kids are taking good care of you. Let them clean the cat box. The pic of the cat in the hazmat suit is funny! 🐈 Be well soon!

Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast