Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sinus wg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay! thank you I'm finally not alone with this awful crust! what are some of the antibiotics you use? do you get any pain when you rinse? idk if this is true for you but my inflammation is only on one side of my face so in my right nostril and i can feel it sometimes above my right eyebrow. when i do rinses its a lil painful...it drains me so I'm exhausted afterwards and makes my eyes feel weird and sometimes shoots pain up to the area on my forehead. I'm going to try and really do these rinses now i just hate how they make me feel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenGoodwin View Post
    yay! thank you I'm finally not alone with this awful crust! what are some of the antibiotics you use? do you get any pain when you rinse? idk if this is true for you but my inflammation is only on one side of my face so in my right nostril and i can feel it sometimes above my right eyebrow. when i do rinses its a lil painful...it drains me so I'm exhausted afterwards and makes my eyes feel weird and sometimes shoots pain up to the area on my forehead. I'm going to try and really do these rinses now i just hate how they make me feel.
    Hi Lauren, and welcome to you, from me, in Australia.

My nose is clear for a good hour after rinsing, and then I can feel it crusting over again. I can't rinse every hour, so unfortunately, it just crusts until I can do it again.
    Like Mike, Anne and the others have said, you really need to rinse a couple of times a day, to get the infection under control.

It has been 7 years for me with crusting, and a further 18 months (pre diagnosis) with large tiger slugs being pulled out of my nostrils (that's all I can liken the big slimy things to) The sinuses and the nose slugs do get better, with treatment and rinsing or very hot steamy showers if you really can't rinse.

With the rinsing, make sure the water is the same temperature as your blood (basically). If its too cold, it really can hurt and give you a cold icecream headache. Too hot, and well, that's not a god thing either. Please make sure that you are not using tap water.

Please give it another try, and hopefully you will see less of the slugs, and therefore less of your ENT nose picking sessions (I found that these hurt more than the rinses, unless the ENT used the special numbing spray - I love that spray, it makes everything stop hurting).

Take care, and know, that it does get easier
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lauren,

Some of the folks on here use a special WaterPik to get deeper into their sinuses. Perhaps one of them will chime in with more info.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay! thank you I'm finally not alone with this awful crust! what are some of the antibiotics you use?
    See earlier post where I list them all. Really doesn't matter which one I used. You need the ones that WORK FOR YOU!! Have your doctor culture the bacteria and it will come back with pathology that has a list of drugs that are effective in treating that strain of bacteria. You wouldn't put antifreeze in your oil fill in your car would you? (-8

do you get any pain when you rinse?
    Not any more, but I did when it was bad. Remember it is not the pressure that removes the crusts, it is the saturation of the saline that softens them up so they will come out. So more gently given, not fewer really hard squeezes. When my crusting was bad, I had four different prescription pain pills in my drawer at home. Each were for a different level of pain from the nose and sinus inflammation.

idk if this is true for you but my inflammation is only on one side of my face so in my right nostril and i can feel it sometimes above my right eyebrow. when i do rinses its a lil painful...it drains me so I'm exhausted afterwards and makes my eyes feel weird and sometimes shoots pain up to the area on my forehead.
    I think you might be forcing it too much. Be gentle and repeat until it all comes out. If you feel it flood your ears, you're being too aggressive with the bottle.

I'm going to try and really do these rinses now i just hate how they make me feel.
    It should get better over time, once the meds start working and the crusts start to get less frequent.

See the post HERE for a complete discussion (with photos) of extreme boogers! LOL!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hi Lauren, Some of the folks on here use a special WaterPik to get deeper into their sinuses. Perhaps one of them will chime in with more info.
    Chime!

I started with this one.

Then I found the tips from above fit this style of WaterPik. This is about $30.00 less expensive than the sinupulse elite.

The switch on the WaterPik is less likely to get wet pouring from a pitcher into the basin. Made pretty sparks and smoke one day when I poured water on the round switch on the front of the sinupulse machine. OOPS! If I were ever to buy another one, I'd cover the knob with saran wrap.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone! is there anyone on here who has made it through the horrible crusts and now don't have that problem anymore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine doesn't crust much at all anymore, but there is still mucus buildup that needs to come out, though it is softer and more easily removed. It still sometimes takes me multiple times to get it loose, but there's no pain. Unfortunately, WG has caused extensive erosion and destruction to the bony structures of my sinuses and nasal cavity... The upside is there is less mucus and fewer places for it to become trapped and harbor bacteria, and thus my ENT has said I will never have sinus infections again!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Lauren. Ear and nose/sinus problems were my main presenting problems when I first became sick. I am in remission (but still on maintenance meds) and at this point crusting is minimal or absent most of the time, and very manageable. Like you, one side is worse than the other when I do have problems, I guess because of more scarring/narrowing on that side. The crusting in my early months of illness was horrible, and actually the pain I experienced in my nose and sinuses was some of the worst pain I've ever experienced, because it was just so unrelenting and exhausting. I hope you and your docs get a good program going to get your symptoms under control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats awesome to hear! yes this is the worse pain I've ever felt before. what medications were you on that helped you go into remission? and was there anything extra you did to your nose to help with the crust. or was it just rinsing? and did you ever have a rhinoplasty done when you hit remission? my bacteria is really only in my cheek sinus. but the crusting was extremely bad. its getting better but that means it went from terrible to bad ha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it absolutely disgusting to share pictures in my profile of some of the pictures i took of crust that comes out of my nose during debridements? ha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast