Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nose surgery

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Lauren, for posting that info and the pics. Your saddle nose looks a lot like mine. The prosthetics look great. I'd probably opt for just the nose bridge, for myself, and my glasses would help hide it. From previous discussions on here, I've gotten the idea that most insurance, at least Medicare, which I have, won't pay for the surgery unless the damage is preventing one from breathing through the nose. It would be nice to be wrong about that, and maybe it would be different in the case of prosthetics, since the expense would presumably be less.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what! I'm under the impression it will be covered ill have to look into that but I'm no where near ready for surgery. i have TRICARE. yeah I'm still going through the reimbursement process so i hope they cover it! the partial is $4500 and the full is $6000 at least mine would be

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that is less than some surgeries, but for me, if Medicare covered it, I'd pay 20℅, though I do now have a Medicare Advantage Plan with a yearly out of pocket limit. You may just have better insurance, and if they told you it would be covered, that may be right... best to make sure, though. I certainly agree that it should be covered, as should any other damage caused by a disease!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely agree!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12