Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Clinic frusteration

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you remember saying I can have your car once you finished it !!!!
    I do remember that! :-) I'm hoping it will be a long, long time, and then, of course, the wife has to get her use out of it, and then daughter, etc. It could be a while....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I do remember that! :-) I'm hoping it will be a long, long time, and then, of course, the wife has to get her use out of it, and then daughter, etc. It could be a while....
    I also hope its a very long time
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my appointment...next week already. Pretty excited!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great news..which dr. are you seeing ? I am on my way there now. I have been very ill the last few days. STRESSED . I hope she doesn't decide to keep me there
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am seeing Dr. Villa Forte. I feel like its christmas I have had this disease over half my life, but i've never seen a rhuemy who specializes in wegs. I am starting my list of questions...i have always been a "rare mystery" to local docs. What is it gonna be like to get good, solid, experienced answers to all my questions over the years!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by im so blessed View Post
    I am seeing Dr. Villa Forte. I feel like its christmas I have had this disease over half my life, but i've never seen a rhuemy who specializes in wegs. I am starting my list of questions...i have always been a "rare mystery" to local docs. What is it gonna be like to get good, solid, experienced answers to all my questions over the years!!!
    She's great!! Hope she can help you feel better soon!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And, what did they finally come with as a cost?

Glad you are getting in to see them. I'm equally as anxious about going to Mayo. They've already sent me a lot of material and so far I have an entire weeks worth of appointments -- and that might extend out longer into the next week. Because the appts might go into a longer period of time, we are driving instead of flying. I thought about taking the RV, but the weather is still kind of iffy and there probably aren't even enough RV parks open along the route. I was ready to take the RV, but my wife brought up all these arguments -- she is smarter than I am. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to give them 635$ before they would schedule...hopefully it will feel worth it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The price is at least in the lower part of the range they gave you. The best can be pricey!

Before you see Dr Villa Forte, you should write out your history with wegs - symptoms, dates, treatments, and results. Be as specific as you can. My first appointment with her was scheduled for 40 minutes and lasted about twice that. My appointment included history, an examination, and labs (the lab is on the first floor of where Dr Villa Forte's office is).

I think you'll find her to be very thorough, a good listener, and easy to talk to.

Let us know how it goes.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Pete;110482]The price is at least in the lower part of the range they gave you. The best can be pricey!

Before you see Dr Villa Forte, you should write out your history with wegs - symptoms, dates, treatments, and results. Be as specific as you can. My first appointment with her was scheduled for 40 minutes and lasted about twice that. My appointment included history, an examination, and labs (the lab is on the first floor of where Dr Villa Forte's office is).

Thanks Pete! Did she require you to do labs? even if you have recent copies? as that would be an added expense. My appointment is scheduled for 90 minutes. I am very happy about that, as i am not getting my records sent to her prior the app. Do you have experience with motels in the area? Looks like maybe Holiday Inn is closest. Thanks for your help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast