Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone ever try CBD ??

I was reading about this (CBD ) its medical pot with no thc in it and is legal in every state. It is supposed to be good for ALOT of things. Well I ordered a bottle of it today.I got capsules but it comes in different forms. My pharmy even sells the oil but not the pills so I will let ya'll know. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried or heard of it before
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

2. Likes Geoff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    I was reading about this (CBD ) its medical pot with no thc in it and is legal in every state. It is supposed to be good for ALOT of things. Well I ordered a bottle of it today.I got capsules but it comes in different forms. My pharmy even sells the oil but not the pills so I will let ya'll know. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried or heard of it before
    I had heard of it but haven't tried it. A friend uses it. I don't even know how to get it, need to do some research. Let us know how it works out.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will look into this also as I would like to try it. Pot is legal in Mass now so more doors are open to us. I would love to be able to walk without pain, I don't know if it works for that but would like to try it.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never tried the CBD, but I did smoke pot when I was younger. I of course had no pain back then. I asked my PCP about the medication that they have on the market for other disorders. My doc says that she thinks it would help a lot of or to be able to quit taking opioids for pain. She then informed me that she would not give me a rx, because it is just approved for certain dx's in our state now. It is funny because most of the dx's are mental disorders. I think I am going to try and get some to give it a go. Deb, thanks for the post, I hope you are doing better.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Anne,Dale and Jaha !! I found this stuff on the comp and a well known Dr. was on CNN talking about the benefits from it. If you just google CBD you can find out about it. The stuff isn't cheap ( especially since it doesn't have any thc in it !!!) A 1 month supply of pills is $ 60.00. I was able to get a month free trial ( $ 10.00 shipping ) so I will know after a month if it works if not I will cancel my other order. When I was at the pharmy yesterday I asked him about the oil and he said a lot of people use it but it was $ 66.00 for a small bottle that you use a dropper to put in under your tongue.

Dale, they also approved medical marijuana here also but they said it will be a couple of years before they figure out who grows it, sells it etc. So I don't think you can get a script for it.

I will definitely let ya'll know when I get it how it works.

Take care everyone and have a great Valentines Day..love you all !!!!!

7. Likes Geoff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been legal in WA for over a year. My neighbor won the lottery for the local pot store in town. I have tried about 4 different types of CBD, but nothing seemed to give me any relief. So, I thought I'd try the real thing and get the CBD with the THC. All it did was make me tired and dizzy. I can't believe why anyone would want to be a pot head. But anyway, it didn't work either. BTW, my trial stuff was about $200 worth. The stuff isn't cheap. Most of that is taxes for the state, tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a documentary on CNN, I think mentioned by Deb above, and discussed on the forum some time ago, where a young girl with epilepsy or some kind of seizures was helped greatly by a non-THC version of pot, I seem to remember the plant being ground up and juiced, or some such. There's a whole lot I don't know. Well, I don't think you missed a whole lot, vdub, by not sitting around smoking joints with the "consciousness expanding" crowd. I know people who still do it regularly and still manage to maintain successful careers, or maybe are retired happily. Others really didn't go anywhere in life, to speak of. I'm not one of those who can use it and get anything done. And I think there are better pain killers, if we need them.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne does this stuff work for your friend ? Maybe you can get some from her and try it. A friend of mine made me up a batch of brownies with pot in it since I was losing so much weight. Between that and a few glasses of wine in the evening I had gained about 7 lbs back but I had to go get my anxiety script refilled and the dr makes me do a urine test every month and I got busted !!! So I stopped both and I am back down on my weight again.
    You are right Anne about how ridiculous they are about the use of this.it has been proven there are so many benefits from it and I would much rather do this than be hooked on a bunch of pain killers. I intend on giving some to my mother to see if it helps her pain. But it is also supposed to help with depression,anxiety and a number of things.
    Vdub..for not doing any drugs when you were younger, you are making up for it now just not in the same way. I am the opposite ...I did different things back in the day ( nothing heavy duty and never any shooting up drugs ) and now everything I take I have issues with.

11. Likes Geoff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found an interesting article on the medication that is legal for certain conditions. I hope I can copy this link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in San Diego, CA and I've tried it and LOVE IT its hard to explain but you don't get high but you feel good and relaxed? you can completely function on it. i recommend it! The guy that worked at the store actually was the one to talk me into trying it. he didn't have WG but he had rheumatoid arthritis, i believe it was called. but he was on the same anti inflammatory medication as i am for WG which is methotextrate and he was telling me his success story on how he was on all these medications then started to use CBD and he was off all his meds within a year. I am a strong believer in medical marijuana especially since I've been diagnosed with WG not that i smoke a lot but it defiently believe it helps to keep you calm during those stressful days. stress is a huge factor in inflammation so it helps.

14. Likes me2 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast