Likes Likes:  36
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever try CBD ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't looking at taking cbd to get high. I wanted it for 1) to help with my anxiety and depression in a more natural way instead of taking traditional pills and 2) to see if it would help my mother with all her pain. But after I took the pills for 3 days I didn't want my mother to try it. I was just in the hosp. (which I will talk about my horrible experience under the CC thread ) but the neurologist that saw me was dead against medical pot and said it is nothing but a big hype. My story will be con't under the other thread
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like great minds think alike because I have been looking into this for pain and inflammation myself. I know the pain I have is due to inflammation because when I increase the prednisone the pain goes down. CBD is know to help with inflammation and many other benefits. I am hoping that this will also help the scar tissue I have forming in the main airway of my lung.. it is a lonnnnng story but I have a stent in that lung and it gets cleaned up every month with a bronch in the Cleveland Clinic. I have ordered the oil for about 30 dollars plus tax and shipping and I am excited to try it after the bronch I am doing on Thursday. I am just wondering how it will react in my body with the methotrexate and rituxan. I will talk to my doctor and see what she thinks. Anyway.. I think studies need to be done in this area and I am hoping I can talk to someone about that as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Velma, let me know how it helps you. Good luck with your bronc. Which dr. do you see at CC ? I had an appt. for the 14th but just cancelled it. Everything is coming back fine so I will wait till Oct. to go up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Dr Carol Langford for the WG and Michael Machuzak for the bronch situation. Usually I just do labs for her and check in to see if she wants to change anything. I see Mike every 4-6 weeks or as long as I can go between bronchs. We are trying the new 3D stent and it seems to be working at the top but the bottom still clogs up with scar tissue. They are not positive it is wg related but the stupid thing clogs up all the time. I am so hopeful that maybe the oil will help with it too. I will keep you all posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBD oil helps me a lot with anxiety, pain and depression. The cbd cream helps with my morning aches and pains amd helps me get moving. When i run out of cbd oil and don't tke it for a short time, i notice a big increase in pain. I know this is an old thread. I'm just adding my two cents in case anyone is looking at it for current reference. ☺️
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

6. Likes annekat, Alysia, Jaha, Debbie C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Velma, I also see Dr. Langford, I have an appt. to see her Oct. 11th at 2:00 if anyone is going to be around up there. I have not tried the oil, I took the pills and they contained something in them ( I think calcium ) which made me ill so I quit taking them. Has the oil helped you ?
    Lisa T....does the oil really help a lot with pain...that's what I am needing for my mother ??? I may try the oil for my issues but its so expensive if it doesn't work

8. Likes annekat, LisaT, Jaha, elephant liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debby, it definitely helps me. I've heard mixed reports from others. I don't know how much of my pain is muscle stiffness vs. Disease/inflammation. Perhaps the effect of cbd in lowering my anxiety and calming me down also helps with muscle pain. I think the only way to know for sure is to buy a small bottle or a handful of capsules and try it. Talk to the dispensary about dose and frequency so you know how much and how frequently to increase the dose to find the effective dosage. The topical cream is also really helpful.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

10. Likes Alysia, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see dr Langford too!

12. Likes renidrag, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa, I live in Ohio, they have just made it legal here but nothing is in place to get it. I can buy the oil at my pharmacy but there are no dispensaries. No one wants the responsibilities so it may be a couple of years before they get there s*** together here.

I think we all need to meet up in Cleveland when we have appts!!!

14. Likes LisaT, Alysia, elephant, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried pot for my pain and I think that it works well. It works for me about 75% of the time. Pain breaks through and I am using codeine again. I have went from every 5hrs. to 12hrs. I plan to quit cod. by end of year. after 6yr. The pot works to help me eat and sleep again, and gain lbs.

16. Likes annekat, Jaha liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast