Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    I was reading about this (CBD ) its medical pot with no thc in it and is legal in every state. It is supposed to be good for ALOT of things. Well I ordered a bottle of it today.I got capsules but it comes in different forms. My pharmy even sells the oil but not the pills so I will let ya'll know. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried or heard of it before
    I had heard of it but haven't tried it. A friend uses it. I don't even know how to get it, need to do some research. Let us know how it works out.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will look into this also as I would like to try it. Pot is legal in Mass now so more doors are open to us. I would love to be able to walk without pain, I don't know if it works for that but would like to try it.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never tried the CBD, but I did smoke pot when I was younger. I of course had no pain back then. I asked my PCP about the medication that they have on the market for other disorders. My doc says that she thinks it would help a lot of or to be able to quit taking opioids for pain. She then informed me that she would not give me a rx, because it is just approved for certain dx's in our state now. It is funny because most of the dx's are mental disorders. I think I am going to try and get some to give it a go. Deb, thanks for the post, I hope you are doing better.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Anne,Dale and Jaha !! I found this stuff on the comp and a well known Dr. was on CNN talking about the benefits from it. If you just google CBD you can find out about it. The stuff isn't cheap ( especially since it doesn't have any thc in it !!!) A 1 month supply of pills is $ 60.00. I was able to get a month free trial ( $ 10.00 shipping ) so I will know after a month if it works if not I will cancel my other order. When I was at the pharmy yesterday I asked him about the oil and he said a lot of people use it but it was $ 66.00 for a small bottle that you use a dropper to put in under your tongue.

Dale, they also approved medical marijuana here also but they said it will be a couple of years before they figure out who grows it, sells it etc. So I don't think you can get a script for it.

I will definitely let ya'll know when I get it how it works.

Take care everyone and have a great Valentines Day..love you all !!!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

5. Likes Geoff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been legal in WA for over a year. My neighbor won the lottery for the local pot store in town. I have tried about 4 different types of CBD, but nothing seemed to give me any relief. So, I thought I'd try the real thing and get the CBD with the THC. All it did was make me tired and dizzy. I can't believe why anyone would want to be a pot head. But anyway, it didn't work either. BTW, my trial stuff was about $200 worth. The stuff isn't cheap. Most of that is taxes for the state, tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Its been legal in WA for over a year. My neighbor won the lottery for the local pot store in town. I have tried about 4 different types of CBD, but nothing seemed to give me any relief. So, I thought I'd try the real thing and get the CBD with the THC. All it did was make me tired and dizzy. I can't believe why anyone would want to be a pot head. But anyway, it didn't work either. BTW, my trial stuff was about $200 worth. The stuff isn't cheap. Most of that is taxes for the state, tho.
    In Colorado and Massachusetts, where it is also legal, people are allowed to grow a few plants for their own use. But not here in Washington, which I think is dumb. A friend of mine grows some of the CBD. I'm not clear on the legality of that, since it contains very minimal THC, if any. For crying out loud, it's just a plant, an herb. People are allowed to make their own beer, why not grow their own pot? As with beer, most people wouldn't go to the trouble and would still buy it, I imagine. And the state would get its cut.

Ranting aside, I hear you, vdub, about not wanting to be a pothead. I am an extreme "lightweight" in that regard. But recently, I've been dealing with pain after fracturing my pelvis. So I've smoked a little regular pot a few times, and I really mean a tiny amount by a pothead's standards, not even enough to worry about my lungs, which aren't currently in bad shape. It does get me high, not unpleasantly so at that small amount, and I feel it can help with the pain, but my take on it is that the high distracts me from fully experiencing the pain. I don't know if it would help with really severe pain. I was using other painkillers at the time, too. Since I haven't tried the CBD, I'll have to reserve judgement on that. I think I'd try to use it some other way than smoking it, to save my lungs, so I could use as much as I might need. Regular pot is self-limiting for me, because I have no desire to get very high. I smoked it with others when young, and enjoyed it to a limited extent, but found it boring to be around people who were that intent on being high on pot all the time. I hope to find out more about the CBD.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smoked it with others when young, and enjoyed it to a limited extent,
    I was in my late teens and early 20's during the heavy drug, free love years in the 60's and 70's. Would you believe I never did any drugs, not even pot. I drank a lot of beer, but never pot. My first experience with pot was last summer when I did my test to see if it would help -- I was 65 and retired so didn't have much to lose anymore. The CBD's were in an e-cig for one type and chocolate candies on another type. The chocolates were really good. I also did an e-cig for the THC/CBD normal type pot. But I found no relief from pain, so I've chosen not to spend the money on it.