Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever try CBD ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb, pills are typically packed in 'something' such as calcium and sundry items not associated w/ the actual drug. Usually, the cheaper the item, the more weird the packing. One will get the effects of the CBD for sure, but any thing else in there will also bite ya! So, wherever you can get the real thing, in purer pill form or paste or edible or oil or herb...sheesh...is best as there are so many 'healthier' forms of ingestion. Best to ya!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Washington state those with a medical card are allowed to grow six plants. I talked to my County Sheriff a few years ago and he told me they are not doing any cannabis enforcement unless it is part of a bust for something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    In Washington state those with a medical card are allowed to grow six plants. I talked to my County Sheriff a few years ago and he told me they are not doing any cannabis enforcement unless it is part of a bust for something else.
    I guess I knew that with a medical card you could grow some... Nice to know cops aren't going out of their way to enforce rules on small grows.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish Ohio would get their stuff together on who, what and when. Somebody gave me a dropper full to try the other day, from another state and I kinda liked it. They told me how much they paid for that little vial and I thought that was outrageous. I think that would be a big problem, unless you could grow your own and then figure out how to bake things or make candies from it, for yourself. I could see how you would need less pain medication eventually. I'm glad there are some who maybe benefiting from it in states that have legalized it.
    Last edited by Jaha; 02-27-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though I don't have a medical card, I've found some benefit in helping with the pain from a recent pelvic fracture. I'm pretty well healed but just can't quite get rid of all the pain, probably because of things I've had to do that needed doing. Anyway, I've been smoking small amounts some evenings, and it takes the edge off the pain, for sure. A cannabis infused pain cream feels good going on, but is less effective. Yes, I should worry about my lungs, but I feel no negative effect, and I won't be doing this long or often enough, or in large enough amounts, for me to worry much.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in San Diego, CA and I've tried it and LOVE IT its hard to explain but you don't get high but you feel good and relaxed? you can completely function on it. i recommend it! The guy that worked at the store actually was the one to talk me into trying it. he didn't have WG but he had rheumatoid arthritis, i believe it was called. but he was on the same anti inflammatory medication as i am for WG which is methotextrate and he was telling me his success story on how he was on all these medications then started to use CBD and he was off all his meds within a year. I am a strong believer in medical marijuana especially since I've been diagnosed with WG not that i smoke a lot but it defiently believe it helps to keep you calm during those stressful days. stress is a huge factor in inflammation so it helps.

7. Likes me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lauren. I think if what I got didn't have calcium in it, it probably won't have been too bad but I didn't like the way it knocked me out in minutes. I think for now I will stick with the brownies. I had an appt with my optomologist the other day and this man is a book of knowledge but anyway he gave me the number of a homeopathic dr. so I am going to call him today and see what he suggest.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh wow! there is a lot to know about medical marijuana ha I'm just learning myself. but I've never heard of calcium in it but then again i don't really know ha. the ones I've tried is in a vape pen and in chewies it does have a lil THC in it but not enough to make you feel high.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe there's a misconception about the 'highs' produced by cannabis. Those peeps looking for the CBD 'high' will always get some THC...the actual 'high' IS the relaxation & anti-inflammatory properties. If peeps are looking for or worried about getting too high or the like, then moderation is the answer. Edibles are perhaps the best answer for those who don't smoke or don't want 'extreme' highs, whatever those are. Vaping is best for more powerful ingestion, smoking is becoming passe as many don't/can't take the smoke...there is no need to smoke anymore. I'm well versed if anyone has questions. Best to y'all!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think in general this is all about preference. i personally don't like edibles some are too strong and some arent strong enough theres never a consistency it all depends on what candy you buy or edible you eat and also trying to measure out your tolerance for mg. a lot of edibles taste disgusting. if you don't like the smoke my opinion is to try the vape it doesn't smell like weed and it doesn't taste like weed. i don't think its best for powerful ingestion at all. its more of a convenience to take with you and its more discrete. so i think its a great option to try first in my opinion especially if you never smoked before. it doesn't hit you hard like edibles does and it doesn't hit the back of your throat like a flower does. (flower meaning marijuana) its a great start. everyone experiences highs differently and i agree moderation is the answer. but let me say that it takes multiple attempts of smoking to figure it all out i really don't know anyone who loved smoking there first couple times. it even took me at least 3 times to actually figure out if i liked it or not.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast