User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Swithched to Rituxan-and now different gpa symptoms when b-cells return

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Swithched to Rituxan-and now different gpa symptoms when b-cells return

Hi everyone! I have a question about rituxan. Is it possible that after switching 6 months ago, when my disease flares, it would present itself in different ways than pre-rituxan. In other words i am now having symptoms i would have had when i was dxed 16 years ago, symptoms i havnt had for around 8 years. While on mtx and imuran my flares were all in my stenosis. I had rituxan for the first in august. I had been symptom free until january 10 or so. And now my symptoms are joint pain, ear pain...things i havnt had in years. So is it possible that when rituxan wipes out the b-cells, that when they start returning it triggers different symptoms than before. This would be my conclusion, just wondering what your experience was? I am back on 30 mg of pred until my next round of rituxan kicks in. I go friday for my first of 2 infusions. Thanks for your time !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wegs can present itself in many different ways and can evolve into some thing different. Like our departed Guru jack often said just because you have Wegs doesn't mean you can't get some thing new. Flares often do repeat your old history pattern but they can also attack in a new place or in your case return to the most common initial presentations of Wegs with joint pain, sinus issues, ear pain, fatigue, eye issues etc. Maintenance meds often hold down or contain such symptoms which might be why you didn't see them before. Hopefully treatment will get things under control again for you. Best wishes for better health!
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know the answer to the question, but it sure is an interesting one. My son is in process of switching from RTX to azathioprine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Just reading your post from 2/7/17... My daughter just finished her 1st series of Rituxan in November and has started showing GPA symptoms such as bloody noses, lots of junk coming out of nose, horse voice, joint pain and etc too. Did you ever get an answer to your question???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww im sorry to hear about your daughter. I havn't really, but my dr would say it was a flare and that the rituxan just didnt hold out the 6 months the first round. Im sure her drs would want to treat her somehow. How old is she? And how long has she had wegeners?