Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need a new primary care doc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need a new primary care doc

Alas and alack!! My PCP Dr Steven Draeger is retiring at the end of April. He has treated my wife and me very well, and we are really going to miss him.

Do any of you who live in central Ohio have a PCP you'd recommend? I want to stay with practices in NW Columbus and suburbs, preferably in the OSU network.

I have a few qualities that I want my new PCP to have: 1) Experience treating GPA or willingness to learn more about it, 2) Speaks fluent, unaccented English, 3) Is willing to work with my rheumy at Cleveland Clinic as a partner in my care, 4) Good listener, and 5) Is thorough in his treatment and explains treatments and diagnoses in terms I can understand.

I'm going to be pretty firm on the above. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by Pete; 02-05-2017 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Typos
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wondering about number 2. Quality ?
    (In the name of all poor English accent speakers, mine sounds more like french)
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Wondering about number 2. Quality ?
    (In the name of all poor English accent speakers, mine sounds more like french)
    I'm sorry if I offended you. However, if I can't understand my doctor, I can't communicate effectively. Given my hearing loss, I find some accents almost impossible to follow -especially when they speak rapidly.
    Last edited by Pete; 02-06-2017 at 04:25 AM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offending at all. I was just curious. Now I understand. Thanks for explaining. I hope you can find the right dr.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Luck Pete !!!!!!!!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !