Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leash getting longer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Leash getting longer

Mayo did their thing on me yesterday, all numbers except one, are solid & in effect for 2 years now. Was thinking, hoping, Mayo would let me off their leash...I don't like leashes!! But, in the wisdom of the head rheumy, one more year for sure, but reduced to just a yearly check up now...I keep their phone number close to me!!!! LOL Hope all is well with all!!!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Mayo did their thing on me yesterday, all numbers except one, are solid & in effect for 2 years now. Was thinking, hoping, Mayo would let me off their leash...I don't like leashes!! But, in the wisdom of the head rheumy, one more year for sure, but reduced to just a yearly check up now...I keep their phone number close to me!!!! LOL Hope all is well with all!!!
    Are you in their research program to evaluate treatment protocols for Wegs? They require at least an annual review which is what I am doing now.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great!

But what does that mean? Is there discussion of taking you off maintenance meds after another year, or...? (I'm down to quarterly labs, and hope to stretch that to six months at some point, but I'm told I should count on taking MTX for as long as I can safely tolerate it. I would love to say goodbye to those weekly injections.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, AlaskaTom...we did discuss what 'a' future for me looks like. I've been off all pertinent meds for almost 2 years & numbers have held. Now, statistically, the next milestone is 10 yrs approximate. WG is what it is, can rear its ugly head anytime...I still have lethargy...more infrequent as the days pass, but nevertheless, it pops out of nowhere...or, I really really like siestas!!! I did not achieve semiannual checkups until I was completely off meds for a year...altho I whine about it, I'm glad Mayo keeps me where I am...they helped get me to here. Never did injections, pills worked for MTX for me. Took about 3 1/2 years to get off it. Pred was a long weaning also. So, despite damages done, all is well, nothing expected, but alert to everything...it's where I am.

DRZ, not in any research program that I know of...they were very interested at first...but the only obvious anomaly I have w/WG is that docs think I may be a 'one time only', but not letting down guard.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on that ever lengthening leash!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news, Don!! Now, tell me about your golf game!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Dirty Don;
    DRZ, not in any research program that I know of...they were very interested at first...but the only obvious anomaly I have w/WG is that docs think I may be a 'one time only', but not letting down guard.[/QUOTE]

lucky you. hope I am too but so far they want me to stay on the maintenance meds.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay DD, it's wonderful, to not only read your awesome news, but to see a post from you.

Keep on kicking that WG's butt,

Much love, and happy, happy dance, to you

Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations DD, working on year seven for me, and still have Dr's number on speed dial. Fatigue seems to never go away but have pushed myself to part time gig at big box store. Now for more golf stories.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Was thinking, hoping, Mayo would let me off their leash...I don't like leashes!!
    Glad to hear you are doing well! But it sounds like you are on a retractable leash Don! (-8

felxi leash.jpg
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast