Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Not feeling well - flare?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not feeling well - flare?

It has been a long 2 months - first started as a sinus infection late November. Took meds. Then I came down with the stomach bug Dec. 23rd. Really sick with it. After Christmas I came down with a cold. Went to the doctor and they put me on antibiotics, took x-ray of lungs because they were worried. X-ray came out OK, but I have never gotten rid of the upper respiratory problems. When I sneeze, cough everything looks clear. Today I got up and I feel light headed. Have a call into my Eye/Ear/Nose doctor trying to get into him today. Just feel like things are swollen all up in my head. I wonder now if all these problems have caused a flare. Have my RTX next month. Have also called my Weg. doctor. Any ideas? I have been doing so well, usually I have trouble walking (hurt) if I have a flare. This is a new one for me. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    It has been a long 2 months - first started as a sinus infection late November. Took meds. Then I came down with the stomach bug Dec. 23rd. Really sick with it. After Christmas I came down with a cold. Went to the doctor and they put me on antibiotics, took x-ray of lungs because they were worried. X-ray came out OK, but I have never gotten rid of the upper respiratory problems. When I sneeze, cough everything looks clear. Today I got up and I feel light headed. Have a call into my Eye/Ear/Nose doctor trying to get into him today. Just feel like things are swollen all up in my head. I wonder now if all these problems have caused a flare. Have my RTX next month. Have also called my Weg. doctor. Any ideas? I have been doing so well, usually I have trouble walking (hurt) if I have a flare. This is a new one for me. Any suggestions?
    The first five winters after my diagnosis I had bronchitis and or sinus infections that caused my lab work to elevate like in a micro flare. Infections tend to do that but unless it evolves into a serious flare just treating the infections will generally cause the lab work to return to normal and relieve the symptoms that made me feel sick. I usually needed antibiotics and lots of sinus rinses and Mucinex meds to reduce the coughing from mucous build up. Feeling sick like this would last from a few weeks to a few months. One time I ended up with pneumonia. I finally avoided this one winter by keeping my humidity higher and using generic Mucinex twice a day to thin my mucous to prevent the build up that caused the coughing and the bronchitis. I also needed to do sinus rinses twice a day or more when plugged up. In a real serious chronic sinus infection using a sinus rinse with Bactroban might be necessary. A good ENT familiar with Wegs is best resource to assess and advise on treatment to relieve the symptoms.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!