Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conductive autonomic nerve damage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub,
    I hope you are doing well after getting your pace maker.Please take care of yourself and rest as much as possible. I just wanted to mention to you to check out articles on Small Fiber Neuropathy. I was dx'd with it last
    year and it can only be found by having a biopsy from three places on your leg. This type of neuropathy can cause autonomic damage to nerves going to the heart. I have a lot of fluctuation of pulse and blood pressure. I also have chest pain for unknown reasons. It has also effected my nerves to my stomach. They don't do these kind of biopsies at all facilities, it has to be read by specialized labs. I had mine done at Cleveland Clinic and it took about three weeks to get the results. I am wishing All the best in finding out what caused this to happen to you.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Jana! I'll check that out. I have a PCP apt in about a week and I'll ask him about it.

Update: I read several articles on SFN, but I don't think I fit the metric. I'm happy about that since it looks like a nasty disease to have. I didn't notice a specific cure. Not to get too far off-track on this thread, but is SFN and AI disease?
    Last edited by vdub; 12-22-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh vdub, fancy having a nasty disease that has no cure. Who would ever want one of those

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You just take everything in your stride. I'm glad you feel that you don't fit the picture for SFN
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh vdub, fancy having a nasty disease that has no cure. Who would ever want one of those
    HA! You brightened my day just when I needed it most. Very good! :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey "macho man"...looking back on the thread I would stick with the surfing accident also and don't forget to mention you were surrounded by sharks . Hope you are doing better
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SFN can have many causes, most of the time they are just guessing as to the cause. It can be caused by AI's and there really is no cure and various unproven treatments. I hope you are doing well.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doing good. The pacer pocket seems to be healing nicely (at least its beginning to itch, so that's a good indicator). I have had some improvement with my oxygen level and its certainly nice to not have my heart rate drop to 35bpm and then pause for 5 seconds at a time.

But, the pacer hasn't been a holy grail cure all that we all dream of getting. I don't get dizzy or light-headed as much when I first stand up now, but there's still issues with shortness of breath. But you can only expect so much when you only have 58% of your lungs to work with.

But, I'm still well enough to work on my old MG's and maybe run a chainsaw occasionally to get some firewood at the cabin, so all is good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12