User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting my 19th RTX infusion tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm getting my 19th RTX infusion tomorrow!

Well I am finally in Cleveland tonight, to get my infusion tomorrow morning. My IgG is still a little low, but we are going for it. I'm really late on getting it done, supposed to have been in August, but had to wait for the IgG to come up. I just can't wait to get it over with and get back home to the country. I don't really like being around so much action and movement.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck to you Jaha! How long have you had Wegeners?
    Dorothea

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Be careful driving in the snow up there. Should be smooth sailing once you get south of Canton...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck Jana. I will be praying that this will help you feel better. Like Pete said be careful driving, if you need to take a break swing my Youngstown. This is your 19th infusion ??? I wonder if you can get too much of a good thing ? I have had 1 and they NEVER check my IgG. I have heard of this test before but what does it check for and does anybody else get it checked ?
    Take care.. I will be thinking of you today
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best of luck Jaha. I hope all goes well and you will be feeling a lot better just in time for the holidays.

Rose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was dx'd in 2010, it was a long process to getting the correct disease. Cleveland clinic took all my biopsies and data and saved my life.
    Deb, IgG has about four different parts to it, but this shows how at risk you are for getting any opportunistic infections. The only reason I had it done is when a new, more local Rheumy was going to do my infusion. He backed out after he did test and it was low. I talked with Villa-Forte today and she said they don't normally order it, because that being on press so long can make it low also. I'm having just one infusion today with 1000ml and then in another 6 months will have another, if all goes well.
    They gave me IV Benadryl 50mg,120mg of Solmedral and 2 tylenol. So far so good! I can't wait to get out of here and eat and sleep. Thanks everyone for the caring words.
    Last edited by Jaha; 12-10-2016 at 06:41 AM.
    Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well all was going well yesterday, until about half way through the infusion,I had a reaction to the Rtx. My throat started to feel scratchy, tight, tongue got thick, I started wheezing, had tightness in my chest and was SOB. They stopped the IV and called in the Doc. They then have me another round of Benadryl 50mg and 100mg Solmedral and waited to take effect before starting up again. I'm ok now, but have to take 2 tylenol and two Benadryl every 4 hrs for up to 36 hrs to keep any reactions down. I'm a bit shaky from all the steriods, but have no joint pain or pain of any kind! We are driving back home today, can't wait to be home, and our dog!
    Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my Gosh Jaha, how scary that must have been for you, I am so glad they were on top of things and were able to get it settled. Glad to hear you are feeling no pain. Safe travels home and relax with hubby and dog and watch this freakn snow fall ! Did I ever mention... I HATE WINTER , I'm sure I have but the hatred is getting worse. Take care of yourself. I don't have an appt. yet to go back to CC. I am going to make one this week, it will probably be in April
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    Well all was going well yesterday, until about half way through the infusion,I had a reaction to the Rtx. My throat started to feel scratchy, tight, tongue got thick, I started wheezing, had tightness in my chest and was SOB. They stopped the IV and called in the Doc. They then have me another round of Benadryl 50mg and 100mg Solmedral and waited to take effect before starting up again. I'm ok now, but have to take 2 tylenol and two Benadryl every 4 hrs for up to 36 hrs to keep any reactions down. I'm a bit shaky from all the steriods, but have no joint pain or pain of any kind! We are driving back home today, can't wait to be home, and our dog!
    YIKES! Glad you got through it OK Jana!!

Take it easy and don't go play in the snow until you are feeling up to it! (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only now read it. Sorry for the reaction Jana. Was is after 120mg steroids IV and then you got another 100 ? How do you feel so far ?

Are you taking another med in addition to rtx ? I am on rtx only, plus pred 5 mg. So 1000mg rtx was not enough to keep me in remission.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast